Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Asking for suggestion on plane engine combos

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Asking for suggestion on plane engine combos

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 12:35 PM
computermonkey
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Asking for suggestion on plane engine combos

Ok, Here are the engines that I can get or would like to have. Webra Bully 35cc running on gas. Turns a Xoar 20x8 at 7100rpm new.
I have a Moki G180RC, 30cc turns a 18x8apc at 8100rpm (I think that prop is to small so I will try a 20x8 later.
I have a Moki G140RC that has not been ran but I saw a video that claimed 16x8 at 9000rpm.

So one of the planes I was looking at is a Big Dirty Birdy 2 +2 for the Moki 140 http://www.bridiairplanes.com/hangar/bigdirtybirdy.html
I was looking at a Wild Hare Sbach 342 30cc, but from what I understand they will not be in stock until early next year or late this year. I was going to install the Bully or Moki 30cc.
I have also looked at the Aero Works planes.
Not interested in Goldwing, Pilot planes.
Also local there is a Great Planes Ultimate bi 160 for sale and a Goldberg 30% Ultimate bi for sale. I do not have any experience with either of these kits.

I would like to get away for the glow fuel planes and thought these smaller engines would make it a little easier. I have found picking a plane was a little harder.

Would like to keep it to planes that you have flown.

Thanks,
Old 10-14-2011, 08:19 PM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Asking for suggestion on plane engine combos

You cover a lot of territory.

Aeroworks kits are pretty stout and overall fly well. Not the best in the smaller sizes but definately on the better side.

Between the Goldberg and Great Planes Ultimates I would go with the Great Planes versions. Both fly well but the G.P. will be a bit more durable.

I have yet to see a bad flying Wild Hare plane. They all fly good and hold up well. The Moki would fit the Sbach fine but be close to over powered.
Old 10-14-2011, 08:44 PM
computermonkey

Thank you for taking your time to answer this question.
Ralph
Old 10-16-2011, 02:40 PM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ralph,

I'm surprised nobody replied to you sooner. I usually don't participate in this forum so I didn't see your post until just recently.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:46 AM
computermonkey

Does anyone know what the ground clearance for the Big Dirty Birdy 2 +2 is? Looking for what size prop can be ran on it.