Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Servo arms for 1/4 scale

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 03:37 PM
sr-71blackbird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo arms for 1/4 scale

Hi guys
I'm in the process of building a great planes Ultimate 1.60, the problem is that I bought some hobbico digital servos for the ailerons and I was sure that I could use the same arms that I use for hitech servos but turns out that I can't, they don't fit, so I was thinking that I could make some with a pair of phenolic boards that I have lying around from the last time I did a PCB (printed circuit board for those who aren't familiar with them). I was thinking that I could just bolt them to a round servo arm, the smallest one that comes with the servos, and use it with the metal clevises that come with the airplane.

What do you guys think?, will they work well or should I just buy the arms?, I want to do this because it's going to be a bit hard to get the servo arms so bear that in mind.

Thanks for any info
Sergio
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk26259.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	1700002   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq52533.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	1700003  
Old 12-15-2011, 05:11 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts
Default RE: Servo arms for 1/4 scale

You sure can do it that way,, some kits come with parts cut just for that same purpose

I'm pretty sure you need Futaba arms for the Tower Brand servos, why would it be hard,, Money or shipping??
Old 12-15-2011, 11:04 AM
sr-71blackbird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I will give it a try, I can put 2 phenolic arms per servo just be sure they will hold up.
It would be hard to order them because of both, I already spent all the money I saved to get the plane done and also for the shipping, the last and only time I ordered something to be shipped overhere, there where lots of missing and broken parts, so I will just make them of this phenolic boards I have here

Thanks a lot
Sergio
Old 12-15-2011, 08:54 PM
Texastbird

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks sturdy enough. Cut a rough one out and see how much it takes to bend or break it. Some of the Hobbicos are made by Futaba and some are Hitecs from what I have seen.