Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Looking for something in the 50cc range

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Looking for something in the 50cc range

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 10:52 AM
sr-71blackbird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for something in the 50cc range

Hi guys

Me and my dad were looking at the new DLE 60 twin and since it´s not that expensive for a twin we decided to buy one when it comes out but my dad refuses to hide the engine in a cowl so he told me to look for a plane where at least the engine cylinders stick out of the cowl. It doesn´t need to be a 3D plane. My dad isn't used to aggressive planes so bear that in mind, but I can always set up really low trows on the controls if I end up geting a 3D airframe. I was looking at the AW 50cc sport Cub for 2 main reasons 1. I LOVE the way it looks XD and 2. because is going to be perfect for my dad also. The problem with that plane is that the cowl is wide enough for the DLE 60 or at least for the cylinders and I don't want to fly the plane without the cowl. I can always cut away a lot of material from the cowl but I don't think that is going to look that cool with the cowl destroyed.

So what do you guys think, should I get the Cub and see how well can I make it look and how much of the cylinders can make it out of the cowl? or what airframe do you recomend?? BTW the cowl on that cub is 9 in wide and the DLE 60 is 8.5 in wide without the spark plugs

Best regards
Sergio
Old 07-24-2012, 05:31 PM
SIMCO
My Feedback: (33)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Looking for something in the 50cc range

1/3 scale spacewalker would show the engine and very docile flying. If you built the kit version, make the firewall bigger or smaller to have the cylinders stick out. Adjust the cowling by cutting in half to expand on make smaller. http://www.sigmfg.com/IndexText/SIGRC61.html
Old 07-24-2012, 05:52 PM
JeffinTD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wonder if the 60 twin would fit in the Reactor? It is a really nice flying airframe with no bad habits.

Otherwise, if you are into building, it would look cool on one of the AMR Sticks.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:46 PM
sr-71blackbird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the input guys but I'm not into building I don´t have time for that, although I would really like to build a kit. Guess I'll have to cut that cowl until I make it look good enough....or fly the plane without it XD

Thanks again guys
Sergio