Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Buyer be AWARE of Chief Aircraft

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Buyer be AWARE of Chief Aircraft

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2003, 01:33 PM
3wExtra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buyer be AWARE of Chief Aircraft

I did buy 4 jr8411 servos from Chief Aircraft, on August, when I received them I noticed that one was open so I tested the servo and it did not work. I called them and told the problem. They say to ship the servo back to them and that they will send me a new one.

So far so good, I asked if I could pay a deposit for a new one and then they could return the money when they get the defective one, because I did not want to wait for another 2-3 weeks for them to send me a replacement. They said that that was ok. So they sent me a new servo to replace the one they sent me open and not working, and they charged my CC which is ok w/me! I shipped them the faulty servo back to them the same day I received the replacement, as a matter of fact the driver waited for me to put their servo back on their box. They received the servo back on August 22nd I called chief aircraft and asked if they had received the servo (which I knew that they had because I tracked it) and if they have revert the charge on my account, not yet, it will take 2-3 weeks for them to credit my CC, ok I said. I called today and guess what they want me to pay restocking fees, they said I had used the servo, and that parts were missing…. All this is major BS.
I was a customer of them then back when they got their first rc products, and I have been nail now one too many times. The first, the second and the third time I gave them the benefit of doubt, but man this time they did it. I will never ever buy again from them. I am also reporting them to the BBS, and the Washington state attorney general. By the way the lady that “helped†me and Dana said that they do not care, that I am not the first and will not be the last to report them to these agencies…. Hummm it makes me wander… I bet you that I am not the first that they rip off…
Old 09-24-2003, 02:13 PM
GBR2
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Buyer be AWARE of Chief Aircraft

I've never had a problem with them. They even exchanged parts before I even was able to send them back.
Old 09-24-2003, 02:16 PM
michpittsman
My Feedback: (11)

Sounds like somebody returned that servo previously and somebody at Chief tossed it back on the shelf without checking it, then sent it to you. I had this happen to me with a national building materials supplier, and they exchanged the merchandise immediately. After fifteen years in the retail hobby business and being on the other end of a deal like this, the retailer should eat the loss and chalk it up to experience if he values his rep. Losing your good name is worse than the cost of a servo.
Old 09-24-2003, 02:40 PM
3wExtra

What can I say, I have bought so many tings from them that I can not believe that they are acting like this. As a matter of fact a servo is not worth a bad experience. I was going to let everything go away if they just would have acted reasonably, but I guess that they are making a lot of money and ripping people off to the point that they do not care about being reported to the BBB and SA.
What in the world is going on with some people?
Old 09-24-2003, 11:20 PM
bn120

Do you really think that when they shipped you that servo they were really trying to rip you off? I dont think so and I dont think you really do.You have a good case, have you called to talk to upper managment?You can take this all the way to the owner if need be.The people you are talking are going by policy and to get around policy you need to go higher up the chain.you will get it taken care of just keep going up the chain until you get the answer you want.

Darin

PS You get more flies with honey than vinigar
Old 09-24-2003, 11:49 PM
smitymax

I have alway had good service from them. Last April I ordered a kit from them, they do not stock kits, but they said they would order it for me and it came in about a week. Opened the box and it was the wrong kit. Called they said to ship it back and they would reimburse the shipping and would order the right kit for me. In a few days the new correct kit arrived. So far so good but not credit for the shipping. Well, I let it slide until a couple of weeks ago when I wanted another order from them. So I asked about the refund of the shipping charges. Well!! The "person" in the accounting office I was talking with was rather dense and couldn't understand what I was after, I politly persisted until (and I should have asked) the "person" said for me to talk with the supervisor (this is where you need to go) She came on I explained the problem, she said wait and she would check it out. She came back and apologized profusly that the copy of the shipping charges I has sent got overlooked and that I would get credit back to my card which I have recieved. The moral of the story is that the rank and file are a little dense and dont have much leeway. Get as high upsairs as you can as suggested above. Ask for the manager of the department at least.

Good luck.
Old 09-25-2003, 10:18 AM
3wExtra

I have been putting honey out for well over a month! And each time they came up with a new story. I am not saying that when they shipped the first batch of servos was trying to rip me off. What I am saying is that they DID send me an opened box servo with a faulty servo inside and that I am still out $99. What I am saying is that they have no intention to reimburse me for something that I BOUGHT from them that it was faulty! now they have sent the servo to Horizon, fixed it and they are trying to send it back to me. i did not want 5 servos I wanted 4 brand new functioning servos which I paid for, and that is all what I wanted from them.
I ussually shop at my local hobby store, but since we are in an island and there are few people that fly giants (just me) he does not carry the big and expensive stuff. he is very good at special ordering but it takes quite a bit of time.
believe me I will never buy from them again although I have been their customer for YEARS

by the way Dana was involve, him and I have known eachother since he was THE ONLY ONE in there that help with RC products. I do not think I can go any higher
Old 09-25-2003, 11:59 AM
branded
My Feedback: (9)

I've had nothing but stellar service from CHIEF A/C....Mistakes happen. What more can anyone say?
Old 09-25-2003, 06:14 PM
Shortman
My Feedback: (21)

I too have ordered there several times and everytime getting great service and help.

Steven
Old 09-25-2003, 07:24 PM
augiep38
My Feedback: (3)

Chief Aircraft Blows!!!!

I ordered a Saito 100 from them and specifically requested UPS Shipping and told them I would pay for UPS if necessary.

They sent it FEDEX Ground (Which also blows).

I sent an email asking them why they sent FEDEX Ground when I specifically requested UPS and offered to pay extra for it. I did not hear anything back. Several days later, I received the original Saito 100 from FEDEX. A couple days after that I received another Saito 100 from UPS.

I called to ask what was up and they wanted me to pay a re-stocking fee for returning the 2nd Saito. Their basis for this demand was that I requested a second one. ***???

I ended up selling the second engine to a flying buddy of mine. I will never do business with them again, and quite honestly it would not bother me if they went bankrupt and went out of business completely!!!

Todd
Old 09-25-2003, 10:21 PM
3wExtra

I am glad that I am not alone or just "tripping" they are a bunch of.... well who cares, at the end I can go to sleep knowing that i did not take advantage of anyone, but I bet Dana is going to sleep with a big smile counting how many people riped of today.
Old 09-25-2003, 10:50 PM
capthis
My Feedback: (67)

I bought a bme 50 from them last summer. Fed ex somehow shipped it to the wrong town? But Cheif sent me another one out, BEFORE they had received the original one back yet! Was I aggravated that I had to wait a few more days, but Cheif did everything they could not to make me wait any longer than necesary. I do call that customer service, and will not hesitate to order again.

I cannot comment on your transaction, and if you feel they haven't treated you right, by all means order from somewhere else. I am sure there are lots of places that would love to trade you rc stuff for your money

I couldn't just stand by and let you bash cheif now could I?
Old 09-26-2003, 06:40 AM
H. Wayne S
My Feedback: (18)

Man I hate you got the wrong person on the phone, I can only surmise that Chief hired someone new that was not familiar with there policys, I have received nothing but A#1 service from them in the past.
Old 09-26-2003, 07:36 AM
branded
My Feedback: (9)

This thread is like all similar customer complaint threads.....One or two guys complaining whilst the majority of people that have no problems with them remain silent.

I will continue to use CHIEF A/C as they're a valuable supplier, and they're service is very reasonable from what I've experienced.
Old 09-26-2003, 08:45 AM
tp777fo
My Feedback: (28)

Received 126 Likes on 87 Posts

This is why I like to go down to my local hobby shop's (Rebel Hobbies and 2nd Chance RC) and purchase from them. I may pay a few cents more occasionally (most purchases are at or below mail order price) but when I have problems like this they just smile and hand me the new parts.
Old 09-26-2003, 05:15 PM
h82crash

I must be nice to be able to go to your LHS and find what you need. In San Diego, if you fly anything larger than a 60 size, they ain't got it. Can't order it, neither. I can't even buy a decent prop locally. Anything like a spinner adaptor or muffler, forget it. Once in a while they have a screw I need.

I have to mail order everything.
Old 09-26-2003, 09:01 PM
hiramboesky

I've used Chief aircraft. Nary a problem with them and their service has been very good.
Sorry you guys had difficulties.....
Old 09-26-2003, 09:42 PM
1Eye
My Feedback: (2)

This thread is like all similar customer complaint threads.....One or two guys complaining whilst the majority of people that have no problems with them remain silent.
So what? It doesn't matter; FC26 has a problem and independent of whether you, I, or others do NOT have problems with Chief won't make his problem go away.
I'm among those who hasn't had a problem with Chief - but if there is a legitimate complaint (and it sounds like you have one), contact the issuer of the credit card you used to make the purchase and explain the situation to them.
FC26, you're halfway home: you have tried to obtain a workable solution with the supplier on your own to no avail. The credit card folks will ask you what actions you've taken to remedy the situation. I've had issues before with credit card-purchased mdse and the credit card folks really came through for me.
Good luck.

Mike
Old 09-26-2003, 10:12 PM
3wExtra

Mr Mike, u are right on the spot. I called the credit card and they are going to take care of it. I have also contacted the BBB and the Washington State Att.General consumer affairs office and place a complaint. I know that chief Aircraft does not care about these complaint because they told me tht "you will not be the first or last one to complain about us" this was said by the lady on customer service and Dana, who I believe is one of the owners, right next to her.
any-how, I posted this thread because I do not want hard working and honest people get reipped off. I did have years of good customer service from them until this time. could it be because it was the first time I spent less than $500 in an orther?
who knows and who cares, just be aware of the fact that they do seam to have many customers that have already place complaints on different gov. offices.
Old 10-04-2003, 11:22 PM
BBW Walt
My Feedback: (11)

A while back I purchased a Moki 210 from Chief. When I received the engine it was locked up. I was unable to turn the engine over. I called Chief and was told to take the matter up with Gerard Enterprises. To avoid all this BS I dissembled the brand new engine and found the back plate was crammed into the crankshaft. 15 minutes with some 180grit wet or dry on glass removed enough material to get the clearance needed. Motor is fine. I dont reccomend others doing this but I believe this crap can happen with these little mechanical items and it seemed easier and less frustrating to do what I did. Chief handled this issue not in my favor and I was pissed but I have continued to do business with Chief and all but this 1 incident have been good...**** happens
Old 10-05-2003, 02:40 AM
4*60
My Feedback: (41)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My opinion for what it's worth. Based on the last post above, I would never do business with them. Thanks for the info. Anyone that sent me "new" merchandise that didn't work and wouldn't immediately take it back and replace it with new doesn't warrent my consideration.

Thanks again for the info.
Just my .02

If I wanted no servicxe I would expect to deal direct with the manufacturer at a low cost. Why have a distributor and dealer if they don't provide service??
Old 10-05-2003, 04:38 PM
3wExtra

4*60!1 right on the $$$. the bottom line Chief aircraft believe on getting the profit and giving nothing but the finger to their "customers"
Old 10-05-2003, 04:47 PM
apalsson

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gents,

I think it has questionable merits to use this forum to bag the living daylights out of one supplier or a shop.
We can all have problems with a company every now and then but it doesn't mean that the company is all bad.
This forum has 1000s of members and if problems at Chief were as widespread as this thread makes it look like, it would be a lot longer.

In my experience, most problems between a supplier and a consumer can be solved with a single polite phonecall. It looks to me that sometimes, people are a bit trigger happy when it comes to ordering from mail order places.

Let's lay off this thread. It serves no purpose and if the reason behind it was to vent frustrations os seek some form of revenge on Chief, there are other places much more suitable.
Let's not bring down this excellent forum to this level.

My 2c worth

Ari
Old 10-05-2003, 09:25 PM
augiep38
My Feedback: (3)

Chief Aircraft blows! PERIOD.

Todd
Old 10-05-2003, 09:44 PM
3wExtra

that's right![:'(]
They want to tke the profit, sell USED and DEFECTIVE products for NEW, give you the finger and be happy.

As Todd said CHIEF Aircr@p BLOWS! PERIOD [sm=punching.gif]

a question for Ari... mate, so all these people that are having REAL problems with Chief Aricraft are supposed to just bite it? don't you think that all the time and effort to make things RIGHT I went though is enough. they BLOW.
You are entitled to your opinion, as much as i am. If you do not agree, or bothers you to read REAL facts about Chief Aircraft just click on another thread. It is clear that "we the loosers" like to get together and share our pain

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.