Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Old Hangar 9 Cap 232G

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2023, 09:38 AM
Quinnj3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Old Hangar 9 Cap 232G

Hi,

Last year I purchased a used and slightly tatty Hangar 9 CAP 232G 27% 80" plane locally for relatively few £'s considering the equivalent pricing today. This is my first petrol / gasoline engine aeroplane, I'm much more familiar with glow. Anyway I've installed an old CRRC45 engine and a 22" wooden prop (I've forgotten the 'screw' dimension) and have only just got it tuned up ready for flight. There appears to be loads of power and pickup is almost instant from idle through to max rpm. I had to install a huge amount of weight over the nose to balance out, I don't know exactly how much as I just add and subtract until the balance point is to my liking, slightly nose heavy for initial trials. Reading reviews of the time this was really a given.

What I'm really interested in is the magazines and online forums say a flying weight of 16lbs. I've measured mine with a full tank of fuel and I'm at 19lbs. Is there likely to be any issues with the motor and airframe combo? I'm confident the C of G is bang on, slightly forward of the wing tube. The plane has had the undercarriage glued back on at some point but other than that I don't see too many repairs.

If anyone has experience of this aircraft I'd be interested in your opinions.