Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

YAK-54 ARF

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2004, 07:02 PM
Steve S
My Feedback: (54)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: YAK-54 ARF

Jb thanks for the info my friend but I am looking for info pertaining to the large Yak54 that is being sold by China Models(Giant Scale Planes.com) The Yak pictured in the first post on this thread is the one I am inquiring about

thanks,Steve
Old 02-01-2004, 01:12 AM
Radcliffe

I saw one today ( and purchased one !!! ) at the NW model expo here in Seattle. It is coming from Canada. Boy is it a nice plane or what. The construction looked excellent. I can't wait for mine to arrive on my doorstep !!! Oh yes $250 USD Rad
Old 02-01-2004, 07:35 AM
Steve S

Rad

That is great news,How can we get our hands on one tho?Who is selling them,do you have contact info of the company selling them currently?I am ready to buy me one now,gotta have one!!Looks like it would be a blast in everyway

Steve
Old 02-01-2004, 02:53 PM
Badge
My Feedback: (21)

I have been eyeing this post since the beginning and I too would like to know where in canada you can order one. I know the quality probably wont be tops and no support from GSP or the others and anyone thinking otherwise is going to find out the hard way. But this plane does look great and with sufficent mods will fly just as good. I have a 160fx laying around and the Extreme Flight is proabably still months out.
Old 02-01-2004, 07:41 PM
Radcliffe

I talked with Mickey Kwok at the expo. His site is www.jet-hobbies.com. It has a glass/composite fuse and built up empenages. Rad
Old 02-01-2004, 10:35 PM
Badge

Good to know thanks for the info.
Old 02-22-2004, 09:11 AM
hawkrider

Default RE: RE: YAK-54 ARF

I'm looking at the YAK 54 as well. I have a ZDZ 40 to put on it.. it's either the YAK 54 or the EXTRA 300S. Not sure which one will be a good match for the ZDZ 40. I got a good deal on the ZDZ and have been in contact with Jet Hobbies. I have the CMP Katana 140 with the bad wing set. Jet Hobbies is supposed to ship me a new set of wings with a longer wing tube. From what I understand the YAK 54 and the Extra wings have had the shear webs corrected and the canopy is removable which some of the guys have been doing on the Katana...

Can't wait for either the YAK or the Extra.
Old 02-22-2004, 09:34 AM
Badge

Its going to be intereseting with all these yaks coming out, Quique, this one and Extreme Flights all between 10-11.5lbs the prices will range from 250 for the one above, proabably 350ish for the Extreme FLight yak and then 400 for Quique's.
Old 02-22-2004, 10:39 AM
TailTouch

This YAK will also be sold by Giantscaleplanes. They had one hanging at the WRAM show but, I can't comment on the quality or anything because the plane was up high.

Not to mention that the owner of GSP is very arrogant and had no time or inclination to talk to potential customers. I would think that after being blasted for extremely poor quality of products he is selling, the guy would be a little more humble.
Old 02-22-2004, 11:34 AM
EXTREME FLIGHT

We have finalized the price on our 68" Yak-54. We will be selling it for $329.95 plus shipping. Included in this price is a carbon fiber wing tube, composite landing gear and all American hardware, including 4-40 sized linkages.
For any of you attending the Toledo trade show, we invite you to stop by our booth and thoroughly inspect our aircraft. Nothing to hide here. I am anticipating the 68" Yaks arriving prior to Toledo, but as I have learned this past year- don't count your chickens before they hatch! If not, it will be shortly after the trade show.
We have been fortunate enough to be allotted 2 booth spaces this year so we will have a bit more room than last year. This will make it much easier for you guys to have access to the planes and look them over to your satisfaction. What you see in these production line samples will be exactly what you get when purchasing one of these aircraft. I will have my Hobart digital scale with me as well and you are welcome to see the aircraft on the scale and confirm the weights we are advertising.
It is my policy to be as straight forward, honest, and accomodating to my customers as possible. I want you to be completely satisfied when you purchase an Extreme Flight RC product, and I will go to great lengths to see to this.
Looking forward to meeting many of you in Toledo this year.

Team Extreme Flight pilot Russell Reel with the production version 68" Yak-54
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us52704.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	103733  
Old 02-22-2004, 12:27 PM
EXTREME FLIGHT

I'd also like to mention that we will be displaying and flying demos at the Southeastern Model Show in Perry Georgia in 2 weeks. Please stop by and say hello and have a look at our products.
Old 02-22-2004, 12:58 PM
Shortman

Will you be making a larger Yak in the future? Say one for a 100cc or a 35%?
Old 02-22-2004, 03:35 PM
hawkrider

EXTREME FLIGHT

The YAK looks great to me. Like I mentioned above I just so happen to have a ZDZ 40... Would the ZDZ and the YAK be a good match?

Thanks for the info on the YAK...
Old 02-23-2004, 09:44 AM
EXTREME FLIGHT

Hawkrider, I don't think the 40cc gas engine will be a good choice for the 68" Yak. Our 87" Yak which will follow the 68" Yak is the one we designed specifically for gas. For optimum performance with the 68" Yak you need the aircraft to finish out around 9-9.25 lbs. I just don't think this is possible with a gas engine.
Old 02-23-2004, 01:43 PM
SunShyne
My Feedback: (68)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: jatt5abdaa

This YAK will also be sold by Giantscaleplanes. They had one hanging at the WRAM show but, I can't comment on the quality or anything because the plane was up high.

Not to mention that the owner of GSP is very arrogant and had no time or inclination to talk to potential customers. I would think that after being blasted for extremely poor quality of products he is selling, the guy would be a little more humble.

is it me or is that clown and his company heading towards eventual destrtuction? Sooner or later people are gonna figure out he is not worth doing buisness with. I have tried to be objective about it but have read 10:1 negative statements to positive on them

Anyways..back on subject glad to see the Yak finally coming to realization.

good job Chris! cant wait to get one later this year.
Old 03-07-2004, 11:26 AM
scottfl78

Man I am also interested in the YAK-54... Those videos are great selling tools... haha I was thinking of getting the Goldberg Sukoi, but I'm sure the day would come when someone else came out to the field with the same plane... The Yak 54 is a bit different than the ussual Extra's, and CAP's you see day to day... If you take any pictures please post them...
Old 03-07-2004, 11:44 AM
DrScoles
My Feedback: (18)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I find it commendable that the guys at extreme flight are waiting to give a quality product. To reject 200 kits had to be tough... I wonder where those kits went? I am dying to get either the 68" or 87" Very cool looking plane with a company that will back it up.

I was at the NW hobby expo, went to dinner with a bunch of canucks...a friend of mine who fly's at same field as the jet hobbies guys ...said he had seen the wings ripped off of that jet-hobbies yak on a few occasions.... I'm not sure its meant for 3D???

I love the sukhoi and yak... buidling a cermark sukhoi right now. I was at the hobby show going back and forth between the cermark sukhoi and the jet-hobbies Yak... My friend convinced me to get the cermark... The cermark guys were upfront about it not being a 3D plane... So far so good on the build, has been very easy to put together and I finally got the red and white color scheme!!!

Mike
Old 03-07-2004, 12:46 PM
GalenB
My Feedback: (18)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: DrScoles

I find it commendable that the guys at extreme flight are waiting to give a quality product. To reject 200 kits had to be tough... I wonder where those kits went? I am dying to get either the 68" or 87" Very cool looking plane with a company that will back it up.

Mike
Hi Mike -- long time no see...

Like you I like round engined Russian designs and when I saw the YAK-54 I knew I had to have one... I'm am on the waiting list for the 28% YAK from Extreme Flight RC. I have great confidence that Chris will deliver a great product and am content to wait until he does. Since he hasn't billed my CC yet it's much easier to be patient... As it stands now the worst that can happen is my DA-50 and tuned pipe will have to be put into something else... Perhaps an Aeroworks 28% Ultimate...
Old 03-07-2004, 05:41 PM
hawkrider

Jet Hobbies YAK 54?? Same problem with the shear web as the Katana's? I thought they fixed the wing problem? I see they built a top hatch into the fuse, canopy hatch. I was thinking they worked the bugs out for the wings as well? Jet Hobbies did send me a new set of wings for my Katana... I do like the looks of the YAK..

Have a good one...
Old 08-28-2004, 08:09 PM
Bob Hauptner

[>:] Save your money!!!Let me tell you my experience with the Giant Scale Planes YAK 54 and it is not pretty. I do not want another modeler wasting there time and money with a company that lies and cheats. I looked at the YAK 54 as a beauriful model and read a review in Fly RC about the merits of this aircraft. I bought and broke in a new Saito 180 I also bought HD Hitec Metal gear 130oz sercos as well as an on board glow made by MPI in advance of recieving the plane. Here is where it gets good. I orderd the plane through my local hobby shop who carries other GSP planes on a Monday and expected the plane to arrive on Friday or Saturday. On Monday I called GSP and they swore it shipped and said they had the shipping papers in front of them. The plane never showed up. The hobby shop called on Wensday and they were also told that the plane had shipped the previous Monday. I called back that same day and then the story was that the plane had NOT shipped because the Hobby Shops credit card didn't work which was a lie. They had just billed the credit card for about 4 GSP planes that same week. Big Lie!!! It only get's better. They finally ship the plane out Wedensday night 3 day air. I said OK let's see waht happens. Guess what? The box shows up at the hobby store while I am there and we open the box together. It is a box inside the shipping carton and we open it up and lay the parts on the table. It looks good under the thin foam wrapping and the packaging looks good. Big mistake. I unwrap the cowling and as I rotate the piece I find a pushed in piece about the size of a lemon and of course it is cracked. Not good. I then run my finget along the top of the cown at the front and there are soft spots in the cowl where they didn't use enough fiberglass. Give me a break.The paint work is beautiful on the fuselage except when I got just behind the canopy on top and found a concave dent the size of an egg which was permanent. Give me a break. I then looked at the Port wing and on the inside of the trailink edge was a big dent in the wood under the covering. At that point I did not look any further and the owner of the hobby shop called Irwin ???of GSP and quite a battle of words took place with Irwin finally hanging up on the hobby store owner. What's that all about. It doesn't give me any pleasure to have to tell people about problem like this but we are a pretty close fraternity in RC and when a company screws one I think we have a duty to spread the word to all. The hobby store owner is shipping all his GSP planes back to this idiot. I will tell everyone who want's to listen not to spend one hard earned dollar with a company like this. If this is how you are treated before the plane arrived what kind of service can you expect after the sale. I don't care what you do just don't lie about something. Enough said!!!!
Old 09-08-2004, 01:16 AM
forestroke

That's too bad Bob. My ARF is in great shape. I got it straight from the factory, though. What I'm really interested in is how it will fly. So far, all responses have been lukewarm. Would be great if I got someone to say something good about the plane itself.

Luckily for me, I don't have to deal with any of the jerks you have to. I have a nice elderly gentlemen in Hong Kong order it directly from China. Anyone with actual flights on this kit?
Old 09-08-2004, 06:01 AM
japan3d

ORIGINAL: DrScoles

I find it commendable that the guys at extreme flight are waiting to give a quality product. To reject 200 kits had to be tough... I wonder where those kits went?
There here in Japan. I got 2 friends who have them.
Old 09-08-2004, 09:29 PM
rony

extreme flight Yak-54 87' wingspan would be a good choice for DA-50R instead of GSP Yak-54.
In Southern China, our aeromodelling friends will not try GSP(CMP in China) plane due to its heavy weight and questionable performance.
I have a stock of 1 CMP Christen Eagle, and 1 CMP Katana 140, still in my ware house for almost a year. It just wasting my money with these scrap.

Please consider twice when you are trying to buy CMP.
Internet address://www.cmpairplane.com/airplane.htm
Old 09-09-2004, 05:47 AM
going vert
My Feedback: (11)

Delete
Old 09-10-2004, 12:59 PM
SJN

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I just bought one.

I hope it flys og with my saito 150.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf99388.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	171850   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn40842.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	171851   Click image for larger version

Name:	Di99376.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	171852   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jd87705.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	171853  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.