Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Hostetler's Gee Bee Z 29%

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2004, 11:38 PM
My Feedback: (97)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hostetler's Gee Bee Z 29%

Hey.. I just order wendells Gee bee z 29%.. Any of you seen the plans or built one yet? Looking forward to building it. Any tricks or anything i should know. How did you cover this beauty? This will be my first scratch built plane. I have built 2 from kit. PT-40, Sig SE, and an arf Cermark suhkio.

What did you guys put in this bird? I called him and asked and he said that my ST 3000 would be ok if I keep it built light. I"m a tool maker and don't think that it will be a problem. As far as engineering strength and keeping it light.

thanks.. any info would be great
Old 03-25-2009, 07:34 AM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hostetler's Gee Bee Z 29%

Hi,i have received the palns from Wenedell Hostettler's gee Bee Z @ 29 %. i will start building it in the next weeks,i just need to order the appropriate wood from the USA. I studied the plan and it doesn't seem overly complicated to build. A few providers on the net can cut the wood but it costs about 380 $...... I intend to power it with a DA-50 R or a YW 40 cc.. Lets see.The goal is to keep it light.

I have been flying the Gee Bee from Kyosho and it's quite easy to fly,again the goal is to keep it light. Too many people power their plane with big and heavy engines,just to fly at half power or less !

Will keep you updated