Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Beech Staggerwing

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2004, 06:44 PM
DrGo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beech Staggerwing

Chip, Do you know of anyone making an ARF ( 40 size I think) Beech Staggerwing? In browsing the web for RC sites a couple of weeks ago I saw an add for one, but alas didn't bookmark the site or write down the info. Since then I've been unable to find it again.
Since the staggerwing is my all time favorite air plane, I'm hoping you can help me.

I believe there are only a half dozen of those beautiful planes ( real ones) still flying. We used to camp at Bonelly Park in San Dimus, Cal. It overlooked a small airport, and I saw a black staggerwing fly in & out of there several times! What a treat!

I guess I need to know who makes it and who sells it.

Thanks, Rich
Old 01-19-2004, 02:30 AM
Passport1
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Beech Staggerwing

Rich,

I do not know who makes that ARF, and the people I asked did not know either. Try putting a post up in the scale section and see if that has better results.

I have never seen one fly myself, but my dad told me he got to fly in one in the 50's and it was pretty awesome. If you find there is an ARF let me know, I would like to have one myself.

Chip
ORIGINAL: Randerso2004

Chip, Do you know of anyone making an ARF ( 40 size I think) Beech Staggerwing? In browsing the web for RC sites a couple of weeks ago I saw an add for one, but alas didn't bookmark the site or write down the info. Since then I've been unable to find it again.
Since the staggerwing is my all time favorite air plane, I'm hoping you can help me.

I believe there are only a half dozen of those beautiful planes ( real ones) still flying. We used to camp at Bonelly Park in San Dimus, Cal. It overlooked a small airport, and I saw a black staggerwing fly in & out of there several times! What a treat!

I guess I need to know who makes it and who sells it.

Thanks, Rich
Old 01-19-2004, 05:30 PM
DrGo

Chip, Thanks for the try, I already did try the question in the scale forum. no result there either.

An ex neigbor of mine, over his flying carreer had flown just about everthing there was with wings. He learned to fly in Jenny!
He told me that the staggerwing was a very plush ( all leather inside ) and an extremely high performance airplane, even compared to modern planes. It was not a very forgiving airplane and if a pilot didn't know just what he was doing at all times, it was easy to get in to trouble, a number of pilots died learning that lesson.
Aside from the one I saw flying in & out of that little airport, I saw one other in Orange & Black paint on static display at an air show I attended back when the Blackbird was still operational. ( thats another story ).

Thanks, Rich
Old 01-20-2004, 09:11 AM
quint-rcu
My Feedback: (24)

Actually there are many original Staggerwings around. If you would like to know more about them and see a listing of individual aircraft you might check out this site [link]http://www.staggerwing.co.uk/stags.htm[/link]

I too was looking for a Staggerwing and wound up buying an old Royal kit for a .90 sized ship. Lots of building, but a great looking plane.

cheers,
quint