Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Weeks Solution X verses GP Pitts Special

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Weeks Solution X verses GP Pitts Special

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2002, 03:12 PM
dmax64

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weeks Solution X verses GP Pitts Special

Can anyone out there compare these two Biplanes. Which one will 3D and torque roll better. I've only talked to one guy that has flown the Weeks Solution X, would be interested in hearing about it from some more people. Looks like a neat plane. I realize I'm comparing an AFR to a kit, but this will be my first large bipe, I want to do my homework and get the best flyer for the money.
Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 05-27-2002, 10:20 PM
alsez
My Feedback: (10)

The Solution X is a much larger plane and takes a ton of horsepower to get it around. The GP Pitts is much smaller and short coupled so it will respond much quicker. I use a G38 in my Pitts and a G62 in the solution. The Solution X needs around a 80cc engine or a twin 100 to push it into snappy manuvers. The Pitts is built well and goes together quick so unless you like to build the Pitts wins hands down.
Old 05-28-2002, 01:07 AM
dmax64

alsez
Thanks for your reply. I'm leaning towards the Solution X. I was considering putting a TAURUS 4.2 in it. I'm looking for something that will torque roll and do tumbling 3D stuff. Could you please compare and contrast the way these two fly. Do you have any photos of these two. If so, could you email them to me at [email protected] Thanks agian.
Old 05-28-2002, 11:29 AM
Charles Thomas
My Feedback: (43)

HI

I have a friend with a Solution X that has a 4.2 in it. It will do anything and be gentle when you need it. You can see it and e-mail him at www.randdaero.com

Charles