Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

New Aeroworks 27% Ultimate!

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

New Aeroworks 27% Ultimate!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2005, 12:57 AM
djwalker
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Aeroworks 27% Ultimate!

I'll be looking to buy another plane in the near future, and I am planning on getting a gas-powered ultimate bipe.

From what I've seen, this Aeroworks 27% Ultimate looks like a winner. However, I understand that it's basically a World Models Ultimate with a higher pricetag. Also, the World Models Ultimate comes with hardware, while you have to purchase the Aeroworks hardware separately. Are there any other differences between the two brands worth noting or are they the exact same plane?

Also, I was looking at the Wild Hare 29% Ultimate as well. Any opinions on this plane?

(I am leaning towards a DA-50R for the powerplant.)

Thanks in advance,
Old 04-24-2005, 01:49 AM
ten pillows

I have been flying my Ultimate since Janurary. This plane is pure performance! It does exactly what you ask it to. It can be a little hairy to land though. You have to power right in over the field and then cut throttle as you are setting down. NOSE Down or a stall is imminent. Great pane overall. I personally think the DA50 is the best choice for power. I had a few minor problems with the assembly, and wing incidence, but you sure couldn't tell it by the way it flys. Hands off the plane flys level as can be. Aeroworks has a real winner here. I must say Rocco has been a very informative and a helpful aid to getting it dialed in.

ten pillows
Old 04-24-2005, 05:37 AM
rctom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Also, I was looking at the Wild Hare 29% Ultimate as well. Any opinions on this plane?

(I am leaning towards a DA-50R for the powerplant.)
Nobody will know the answer to this except myself and two other people, the guy who did all the test flying and the guy who bought the prototype from me.

The shipment is due within a week. The plane will be shipping shortly after that, you should be getting a little feedback soon after that.

Tom Fawcett
Wild Hare R/C
Old 04-25-2005, 06:29 AM
torqmeister

In the FLY RC article, he had smoke & a Brison 3.2. Is it realistic to build this plane to the stated 234 oz, that's only 14 lb 10 oz. That is really light.