Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Aerotech RC

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2002, 04:44 PM
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aerotech RC

Does anyone have any experience with Aerotec RC out of Florida?

I am interested in a large Super Chipmunk and they have a kit that looks nice enough.

My main concern is the guy wants a deposit of $200 for a $300 kit. That seems a bit unrealistic to me. I wouldn't mind so much if he accepted credit card.

I have no problem with a deposit, but I only put a $50 deposit on a Carden 40% Edge.

So let me hear any of your experiences with AerotechRC. Also I would be interested in alternative kit manufacturers for a large Super Chipmunk.

Todd
Old 06-20-2002, 07:17 PM

Default Aerotech RC

Todd,

My father just purchased a 42% edge 540t from aerotech last month. I can't remember how much that wanted for his deposit but he paid for it finally and received it last month. The kit seems to have quality parts but the blue prints are not for beginners though! My father had a friend who was going to help him build it but just back out. (which is not aerotechs fault) Currently we are looking for people who have experience building large scale aircraft in our area, boise, Idaho but still searching. the kit uses sheeted foam with wood covering. I'm sure its simple contruction for someone with experience but we don't, unforturely. anyway, aerotech delivered what they said they would , my father was wondering the same thing you are now before purchasing his plane for aerotech.
Good luck with your purchase!

Karry Frost
Old 06-20-2002, 11:21 PM
My Feedback: (25)

Default Aerotech RC

I personally would not do business with any company that does not accept credit cards. If something goes wrong you have no recourse except to file a lawsuit just to get your money back. At least with a credit card you have some protection. They may be a perfectly legitimate business, but that is just not for me. There are many other reputable companies out there manufacturing quality kits that have a good reputation.
Old 06-21-2002, 12:52 AM
My Feedback: (3)

Default Aerotech RC

Thanks for the response guys.

Mike - That's pretty much the way I feel. If they want a deposit up front to protect themselves, they should take it via credit card so I have some protection as well.

Also, the fact that the deposit amount was nearly 75% of the total kit price put me in mind that the company is in need of the money just to get the materials. Either way, I did not purchase the 'munk. I want one in that size range and the Aerotech may well be the best one out there, but their way of doing business is not very accomodating in my mind.

Karry, good luck with the edge. If it flies anything like the edges I have flown, you will love it.

Todd