Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Katana s 36%

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2004, 01:19 AM
3D Pilot
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Katana s 36%

Hello Chip

I met you at the TOC I did have the great plesure to cheer you on as well as talk to you. I would like to say that you are a great person as well as one of the best.

My question to you is I have been flying the 330l Extra from Aeroworks and have like it alot and now I am looking to buy the Katana and since you have flowen both do you think that the Katana is better for 3D?

Thanks again for your input
Old 03-02-2004, 01:45 AM
Passport1
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Katana s 36%

I really was impressed with the Katana and have to say it is better all the way around then the Extra. I really enjoy the way it flies and feel you will be very happy if you go that route.

Chip
ORIGINAL: 3D Pilot

Hello Chip

I met you at the TOC I did have the great plesure to cheer you on as well as talk to you. I would like to say that you are a great person as well as one of the best.

My question to you is I have been flying the 330l Extra from Aeroworks and have like it alot and now I am looking to buy the Katana and since you have flowen both do you think that the Katana is better for 3D?

Thanks again for your input
Old 03-28-2005, 01:27 AM
sean jansen

Hi Chip nice to talk to you . my name is Sean Jansen of b.c. canada i have been flying giant scale gassers for 21 years and i am 38 years old i have flown every airplane possible from floats to jets. and i have won every event canada has to offer. i have delt with Rocco at aeroworks for the past few years and have sold a few planes for them up here .
i have recently bought one of their 36% katana's and have put in an old style 3w 120cc and 29/10 mezlik .it had tons of power . now one side of the ignition stopped working . so i ordered a new ignition . ran it a few times and now it only works intermitinly . is there a problem with these types of ignition's that you are aware of? keep in mind this is my first 3w engine.
thx hope to fly with you soon.
Old 08-23-2005, 02:45 AM
mithrandir

Go to the Flying Cirkus, Register (Takes 1 minute)

http://www.flyingcirkus.com/

and download this video....

http://www.flyingcirkus.com/vidgalle...videosDir=DESC

This oughta tell you how I feel about this plane.....

Check out my photo gallery as well.... my apologies for the last picture...
I doh'know how to delete it

mike
Old 08-27-2005, 10:40 PM
c016Y

Chip.. any chance you could elaborate a bit on what you liked and didn't like? Maybe some mods you did or didn't do? I am about to fly this as my first gasser and want to make sure I do everything right. Thanks!
Old 08-30-2005, 11:42 PM
mithrandir

I am not Chip (Duh LOL)... and I hope you don't mind me saying... but for starters, use the CG indicated. I have as much rudder as I can get, and about -50% expo on elevator..... a real cream puff.. mine is around 30 pounds... here is another link to the vid I did....

http://www.rcgroups.com/gallery/show...cat=500&page=1

You will love this plane!
Old 09-01-2005, 02:05 AM
c016Y

That is a great video. Not sure about the music.. I like the engine sound much better.. that would have been music to my ears!! ha.. jj. I am getting really excited to get this thing up!! Thanks for the video.