Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

anyone fly a giant cessna 421 golden eagle twin engine

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

anyone fly a giant cessna 421 golden eagle twin engine

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2004, 10:05 PM
reg
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone fly a giant cessna 421 golden eagle twin engine

I have recently purchased a large cessna 421 golden eagle with twin G-62 engines.the plane is excellent. Has retracts, batteries,two recievers, landing lights etc. It will take me a few weeks to set it up for flight. I was thinking to counter rotate one enging. At first I will fly the plane stock. I have flown smaller twins, but this plane is 50lbs and I would like to know if this particular plane has any bad habits or is there something unusual that I should be aware of for the first flight. Any info would be helpful. Thanks Reg
Old 04-05-2004, 03:33 AM
locoworks

Default RE: anyone fly a giant cessna 421 golden eagle twin engine

doesn't the full size have both props going the same way??
Old 04-09-2004, 10:45 PM
reg

Nope...The full size has counter-rotating props...Like I said, I will first fly the plane with both engines turning the same way. It should do just fine... but out of curiosity, I may end up counter rotating one engine and see what type of a challange this new format brings........Reg
Old 04-10-2004, 02:59 AM
Don Perry
My Feedback: (51)

Actually your wrong I fly several real C-421's and none ever had counter rotating props.
Old 04-12-2004, 09:51 PM
reg

OK Don...I stand corrected.....I was under the impression that the full scale flew with counter rotating engines. That makes me want to keep my giant scale as originally designed in stead of looking for trouble.....Can you give me any more insight on the full scale plane?......The more I know about this plane the better prepared I will be for the first flight.....
Thanks Reg
Old 04-13-2004, 10:38 AM
Don Perry
My Feedback: (51)

The real 421 is a great plane to fly and and is also very easy to fly! Mostly because it is one of the few piston twins that is not way underpowered (C-414). Your model should fly great if it was built correctly. And it will fly good on one engine if you know what your doing.

I have 2 real Beech Barons and I also have 2 R/C Byron Beech Barons. The Baron models fly every bit as solid as my real ones, but I also fly them scale, no loops rolls or long verticals, and keep the speed down. I have flow mine on one engine and like the real one it does ok if you don't let get too slow with a lot of power (VMC). If your scale twin is like mine you should be very hapy with the flying qualites.

Was this the one that was for sale a few month ago? Looked like a nice plane but who ever covered it did it in a scheme way before C-421 were ever made. It you ever decide to recover it I can send you some pics of a few that I fly.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18054.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	121791   Click image for larger version

Name:	Db86534.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	121792  
Old 04-13-2004, 12:51 PM
reg

Hi Don
Thanks for the come back. Your info is helpful. I live in Miami, and when I get home from the office tonight about 7:30 I will give you a call so I can chat with you.
Thanks Reg
Old 04-13-2004, 01:01 PM
reg

Oh Don
Yes, this was the plane for sale on RCU a while back. It was built very nicely by an older gentleman that has been building for 30yrs, but he it was to much for him to fly. He built it about two yrs ago. He had difficulty selling it. It was to big for most people. WS 122in, has two G62 and weighs 54lbs. I`ll tell you more when we talk. I love the big planes.
Reg
Old 04-13-2004, 07:36 PM
reg

Hi Don
Please give me a call at 305-220-4146 or send me your phone and I will call you.
Reg