Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

H9 Edge 540

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2004, 09:20 AM
1fish
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H9 Edge 540

I have a Edge 540 I bought here on RC-U everything seems OK but when I fitted the wings on a trial assembly there was a big gap (about a 1/4 inch on either side) between the fuse and the wing root, has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone have a idea how to fix it? I am very particular about my planes but this is a big gap and would bother anyone, and make allot of noise when flying....
Old 06-15-2004, 09:43 AM
Mokken
My Feedback: (63)

Default RE: H9 Edge 540

It's an Arf...that's why there is a 1/4" gap...They are all different, we get what we pay for.
Old 06-15-2004, 12:57 PM
1fish

I think it depends more on the company that builds the ARF, my Cap 232 from Lanier is much a better quality product than the H9 this is my first purchase from H9 and probably my last, shoot even my 40 size freestyle is better fit than this plane and it was only 139.00 !!!
Old 06-15-2004, 02:25 PM
Shortman
My Feedback: (21)

I'll sell you my H9 Edge, its perfectly set-up and built, my gap is only about 1/16"[8D]
Old 06-15-2004, 04:15 PM
1fish

I worked on it this morning, I removed the covering around the edges and sanded it with a block, it is much better now, 1/32nd at the most, I was probably overstating the gap size but it kind of freaked me out seeing any gap at all!

Shortman why would you want to sell your plane dont you like it? Once I got everything squared up it looks like it will be a pretty good plane, very light for the size, with my new YS 140DZ it should go up like a rocket!!
Old 06-15-2004, 04:36 PM
Shortman
My Feedback: (21)

Just not capable of my flying demands. I want a 3D/IMAC plane, its a great IMAC plane, unlike most Edges, but for 3D it is not good.
Old 06-15-2004, 04:55 PM
1fish

I dont get it, its made for 3-D, designed by one of the best (Mike McConville), what cant you do with it, what do you have for power?

And hey I just noticed you live right near my Grandma, she lives on west beverly and peach (near Wall Mart)....
Old 06-15-2004, 06:26 PM
DGrant
My Feedback: (4)

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Ha...I live right near Bullard/Villa, just around the corner from Wallymart. AND... I have an Edge540...and after building 2 of them..neither one had that prob... The tolerances were acceptable. Powered with a Moki 1.80 it's capable of alot more then I can do with it. Lots of fun though.
Make sure you check that rear wing-bolt holding block in the rear wing/fuse area. Measure that out before drilling those mounting holes through wing/fuse. If memory serves, the measurement in the manual is not totally accurate. Just measure it out so your wing-bolts hit the middle of that bearing-block, both front and rear......and I'll feel better..
They are very fun planes though
Old 06-15-2004, 06:50 PM
sport10

There is nothing wrong with the way this plane does 3D. When everything is right it is a hoot. I did not find any manuever that it would not perform. The only thing is that the wing wobbles a little in harrier mode if gradually eased into it. Overcompensating seems to aggraviate this because the ailerons are very responsive at low speeds. Keeping this plane light and using spoileron helps tame the rock. But what this plane really likes is to be slammed into a harrier or elevator. It does a great wall and waterfalls are nice with alittle stick work. Blenders are volient and torque rolling is very easy with this plane. Lands nice without any chance of a tip stall. The CG stated in the book is far too aft for normal flying. Start at 4.5" instead.