Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Best P51 kit for a Q35 or a G38

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Best P51 kit for a Q35 or a G38

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2004, 09:50 PM
KI6HNB
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best P51 kit for a Q35 or a G38

I have a chance to pick up one of these engines for a good price and would like to put it into a P51. Who makes the best kit or ARF? Any one have one of these? Pictures? Thank you for your replies.
Old 06-27-2004, 11:04 PM
Tired Old Man

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Best P51 kit for a Q35 or a G38

Personal opinion, I would not hesitate to pick up one of the giant P-51s' from World Models. The plane flys awesome, and everything is built to last without being too heavy. The 38 would go up front just fine.

If you can't find one, I think Modaire Hobbies in CA has one or two (www.modaire.com).
Old 06-27-2004, 11:06 PM
Thunderbolt47
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've seen a Top-flite P-51 arf fly with a G38. It was no speed demon, but it pulled it scale like. I have just got through building that ARF and it is a very nice plane and the covering and the cowl was beautiful. It also comes with a set of fixed gears and you can put retracts in later with no mods if you don't want to spend all your money at once. It also comes in an ARC if you would rather do that.

I hope to put the maiden on mine next Sunday. I have a FPE 3.2 on mine. This will be my first warbird in 15 years of flying. Maybe the butterflys won't get me. Good luck on your dicsion.

Kelly
Old 06-28-2004, 03:11 PM
Tired Old Man

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just got back from Modaire Hobbies in Manteca, CA, and while I was there I took a closer look at the World Models P-51. 80-1/2" w.s., flaps, retracts, fiberglass cowl, Rockwell color scheme,2 piece wings and detachable stabs, 15 pounds. It's got a whole bunch of stuff. It retails for $500.00 and they have a couple of them marked down to $400.00.

I know they fly really well from watching others with them. You might want to check it out.
Old 06-29-2004, 07:50 AM
Rocketeer10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are not in a hurry! One of the best sport scale Mustangs I have flown was the Dick Sarpolus design published by Flying Models magazine. Sorry I don't have the date. I had a G-38 in mine and it flew great! Fixed gear and all!
Cheers,
GY