Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

wingtote customer service

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2004, 05:56 PM
nitrogary
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wingtote customer service

I would like to know if others are/or have experienced problems with orders from wingtote as i have, i have been trying for months to get the right size wing bag for my 35% plane, I have called numerous ( at least 30) times and spoken with perry and/or his wife, they seem to be extemely helpfull and interested when talking on the phone but i just cant seem to get my product in my hands, ihave asked if he needs more money, if I can drive up to his store and pick them up and any other method that would put the extra large bag into my hands, they appear to be very high quality items and im satisfied with the price as i already have a few other items from them including thier heckler plane, its awsome. but,i need the proper size wing bags and im just finally fed up, he keeps telling me they are shipped or should arrive any day now, but doesnt get me a tracking number and doesnt retuen my phone calls after he sez hell look into it...I hate to sit here and vent but i have finally given up and was just wondering if I was alone in this. Its been well over 3 months in this process and yes i know there are other companies out there and will likely have to go to them....but i really like the wingtote product.

[:@]
Old 07-03-2004, 10:14 PM
Flyfalcons

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: wingtote customer service

Have you contacted Tower or Horizon to see if they have any in stock? They might have the size you are looking for.
Old 07-04-2004, 05:25 AM
Jemo
My Feedback: (5)

I have both wing totes and rcwingbags the quality of rcwingbags is better in my own opinion.

http://www.rcwingbags.com/
Old 07-04-2004, 07:02 AM
todhog
My Feedback: (9)

I just got two bags from Wingtote and I think it was inside of a week. They are just as advertised and fit great. The free prop covers didn´t come yet but I´ll look into that later. There must be something strange going on in your case. Good luck.

Todd
Old 07-04-2004, 01:04 PM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Isnt it two weeks or its free?
Old 07-04-2004, 01:24 PM
jclittle
My Feedback: (99)

No issues w/Carden Bags. I have 5 pair, all fit great and shipped the same day. A little more than the others, but...(I won't say it).
Old 07-04-2004, 02:36 PM
mu2driver
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hear that rcwingbags.com sells a pretty nice quality wing bag ? Might want to givem a call ?
Old 07-04-2004, 03:03 PM
Badge
My Feedback: (21)

Mike at RCWingbags.com is a great guy and produces some awesome bags. Hes a one man operation but like most mom and pops you get what you pay for and the quality is always tops.
Old 07-05-2004, 10:59 PM
Toucan
My Feedback: (1)

I have had a similar problem with them. I live in India. I placed an order for a pair of WINGTOTE BAGS for my AW edge 540 25%, called and emailled them several time's. Same supporting email's and talk's . [>:]
Old 07-06-2004, 12:15 AM
3DFanatic

As far as I knew it was "2 weeks or it's free" but...
Old 07-06-2004, 11:42 AM
aerobat66-RCU
My Feedback: (13)

Same here. Was told 3 weeks ago that my order was ready to ship. I've told him to cancel my order and credit my card back, but he won't. I'm beginning proceedings to dispute the charges on my card, and then spread the word about this guy ALL OVER the place.

I have no problem when someone tells me something will be backordered, but get just a wee bit pissed when someone jerks me off and lies to me over and over again.

The guy is either a crook or the most incompetent idiot I have ever had a business dealing with.
Old 07-06-2004, 11:59 AM
Iceman1979
My Feedback: (17)

I have a set of wingtote bags and the quality is great. But it took them a month to charge my card and 2 weeks after that I got the bags. I tried calling and sent e-mails with no luck. I did get a call after the wingbags came in and the guy was returning my call on a quote for the bags that I had called about 2 weeks befor I ordered.

I said I would not own another set of wingtote bags but when I bought my H9 46% Ulti the guy threw them in with it. HE HE! Oh well, I will use them. Any other bags I need I will probly make myself.

JMO

Iceman
Old 07-06-2004, 11:12 PM
Ryan Nau
My Feedback: (54)

I just got a set of the small double size wing bags for my DP Extra 330. They seem really nice. I like them and had no problems getting them.
Old 07-12-2004, 09:33 PM
aerobat66-RCU

ORIGINAL: aerobat66-RCU

Same here. Was told 3 weeks ago that my order was ready to ship. I've told him to cancel my order and credit my card back, but he won't. I'm beginning proceedings to dispute the charges on my card, and then spread the word about this guy ALL OVER the place.

I have no problem when someone tells me something will be backordered, but get just a wee bit pissed when someone jerks me off and lies to me over and over again.

The guy is either a crook or the most incompetent idiot I have ever had a business dealing with.
Just an update to the continuing saga: Perry finally responded to me on 7/7. He gave a bunch of excuses, but never acknowledged making a mistake or any fault. He said he would credit my card immediately and cancel my order. That was five days ago, my order is still active, and my card has not been credited. It has now been one month since I placed my order, and I'm going to have to dispute the charges on my credit card.

Folks, give some serious thought to doing business with this company. One or two mistakes I can handle, but this guy won't even cancel my order. I'm seriously beginning to think that he's a crook.
Old 07-12-2004, 10:24 PM
3DFanatic

Hmmm...
Old 07-12-2004, 10:47 PM
JohnVH

Hold on, I understand crediting you back.. But why cancelling the order, their website says two weeks or its free.. doesnt it? I dont quite get this deal..
Old 07-13-2004, 07:47 AM
P-51B

ORIGINAL: JohnVH

Hold on, I understand crediting you back.. But why cancelling the order, their website says two weeks or its free.. doesnt it? I dont quite get this deal..

I too would be interested in seeing the response to this!

I have no complaints with them, I ordered a set from them for my GP Patty extra. Got them within a week, no hassles, no problems.
Old 07-13-2004, 08:04 AM
aj and phoenix
My Feedback: (2)

Right now Wingtote is trying to sell their wing bags through Tower Hobbies also. The date on the Tower web site keeps moving back each time I have looked. I suspect that they have bitten off more than they can chew.
Old 07-13-2004, 09:36 AM
JohnVH

They have been selling product through tower and horizon for a long time.. Thats nothing new. FYI
Old 07-13-2004, 11:08 AM
aerobat66-RCU

ORIGINAL: JohnVH

I also mentioned that to Perry, about two weeks after placing my order a month ago. He didn't even acknowledge it. I'm cancelling my order because I need a set of wingbags. I don't want to wait another month, or two, or three.

My beef with Perry is that he simply does not do what he says. His open letter to his customers on his website paints this pretty picture of a company dedicated to customer service and satisfaction. It's all sales talk. I would have a whole lot more respect if he just said "Man, we are just swamped right now. It will be another three weeks until you get your order". Instead, he tells me he will "send it tomorrow" or "cancel my order immediately", and won't do it. Then, it takes me sending the same email 3 times just to get a response, and that response is the same BS in a circle, all over again.

I will confess that I ordered another set from Chief Aircraft, and they are already on the way. I've seen the bags first hand, and they are a lot of bag for the money. Everything else is $30+ more.

My paperwork for the credit card dispute is going in the mail tomorrow.
Old 07-13-2004, 03:18 PM
todhog
My Feedback: (9)

That's hard to believe after my exprience with Perry. He must have something going on behind the scenes. That's too bad dude.

Todd
Old 07-13-2004, 03:34 PM
torqeroll

i waited 2 month for my wing bags from them. and they gave me excuses to. one time he told me that he had lost my order?
Old 07-13-2004, 06:48 PM
3DFanatic

Don't doubt that.

I think you should ask for your order free...
Old 07-13-2004, 09:49 PM
flyinrazrback
My Feedback: (69)

Old 07-14-2004, 06:48 PM
aerobat66-RCU

I just wanted to let those following this thread know that Perry has come through and made it right with my order. There were some mistakes made, and some family medical issues involved, but I will be receiving my order soon.

I think Perry is an honest individual, who is trying his best, but stuff happens. I want to publicly apologize for implying that his business practices were less than honest.

Finally, I've seen his product in person, and have to say the bags are very nicely made, and for $30 less than anything else out there that I've found.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.