Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Any experience out there-33% Waco from RCShowcase (Genesis)

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Any experience out there-33% Waco from RCShowcase (Genesis)

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2004, 09:42 AM
F4u5
My Feedback: (81)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Any experience out there-33% Waco from RCShowcase (Genesis)

I am contemplating purchasing the 33% Waco offered by Genesis, and distributed by RCShowcase. Does anyone out there have any experience with that kit and/or flight performance? Looks like a beauty
Old 07-16-2004, 05:19 PM
rcmiket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Any experience out there-33% Waco from RCShowcase (Genesis)

If you do I want to know about it. Are you planning to put that radial in it also? Looks real nice but I dont know of anybody who has one
Old 07-16-2004, 06:53 PM
Kjell Aa

I don't know anyone who's had any experience with the Genesis model either.

But I do know quite a few who's flown this one:
[link=http://www.fmbb.de/modelle/waco.htm]www.fmbb.de/waco[/link]

Distributed in the US by Proctor:
[link=http://www.proctor-enterprises.com/products/barth/waco/waco.htm]www.proctor-enterprises.com/products/barth/waco/waco.htm[/link]
Old 07-16-2004, 09:47 PM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I assisted the owner of a hobby shop in Manteca, CA, in the completion of his. That would be Charlie or Bev at Modaire Hobbies, www.modaire.com, for more detailed information than I will provide here.

The first few kits, like many others by other manufacturers, had a few issues with parts fits and instructions in a couple of places, but other than that, it is a well engineered and designed kit. Charlie provided the manufacturer with corrections for new instructions, and also gave corrected dimensions for the parts fit in future kits. It was my understanding that the kits and instructions have been corrected. I believe that his was the first or second completed, and the first flown.

His plane is equipped with the RCS 218cc radial, and available power is, in a word, AWESOME!!! The plane flys extremely well, and uses precious little runway for take off. It responds well to inputs to all the controls, and shows no tendencies for tip stalls or other bad habits. It has a VERY wide speed range!!! The landing gear is a little stiff, but other than that, it's a darn good plane.

The plane has numerous compound curves, making it almost impossible to cover with an iron on film. I know, I covered the fuselage on Charlies'. It will easily accept any fabric types of covering without any problems, though. Lighter is better anywhere you can find to do so. If anything, the plane is a little "over engineered", but still builds quickly. His was finished and ready to fly in 4 weeks of non stop work, and was displayed at The West Coast IMAA fly in at Castle AFF in May, 2003, and won best of show at the IMAA meet in Chular, CA the following September.

It's a good plane, and one you won't be dissapointed in when it's complete and flying. When you see one of these fly, you would swear that it's full scale, but just a short distance away. Especially with the sound of that big radial!
Old 07-17-2004, 06:44 AM
Jemo
My Feedback: (5)

http://www.genesis-rc.com/wacoymf5/mainpage.htm