Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

PRECISION AEROBATICS EDGE540T

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

PRECISION AEROBATICS EDGE540T

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 01:46 AM
wifpwcf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: PRECISION AEROBATICS EDGE540T

no probs aussie p give me a call ya got me number still.
carps where do ya fly mate ill pm you my number i only fly 3d with a my gas planes all over sydney.100cc & 50cc sp if ya need a hand with anything no probsim at werrington
cheers glen
Old 04-11-2007, 02:49 AM
AussiePilot

yea glen just pm u.... Yuh i got ya number ill sms u, I want so much to take this plane on sunday hehe But i dont think PA will get back to me They still on Holidays...

All i got to do, is Connect Push pull ( Rudder ), One aileron ( Faulty Extension Lead ) and i broke a control horn for the elevators hehe so i gotto wait for these to set it up
And most importantly set the Cg then test all the throws with my spirit level hehe Thats all i got to work out my throws hehe oh and ofcourse my trusty ruler '
anyway im going to wash off this fuel thats all over me, i spilled my can whilst playing with the motor Woops
Old 04-11-2007, 02:57 AM
wifpwcf

sweet mate got ya pm ,,great ya started it a new toy for ya.
just spoke to carps to his not far from the raaf ,,great to talk to ya bob
cheers glen
Old 04-11-2007, 03:29 AM
AussiePilot

yuh we all locals....Well sorta i live in bankstown but i go down too londandary to fly every sunday hehe...
Old 04-11-2007, 05:18 AM
wifpwcf

ORIGINAL: AussiePilot

yuh we all locals....Well sorta i live in bankstown but i go down too londandary to fly every sunday hehe...
thats close half hr away & there wouldnt be many ausie pilots there hey
with the edge coming in under 7kg this plane will 3d insain i cant wait to thrash me brothers one .ill get vids up for sure & you will here him crying in the back ground
cg
Old 04-11-2007, 05:43 AM
AussiePilot

hehehe, not too many aussie pilots here hehe i can tell u Glen
when is ur bro getting his edge glen.?
Old 04-12-2007, 03:11 AM
wifpwcf

hehehe, not too many aussie pilots here hehe i can tell u Glen
when is ur bro getting his edge glen.?
thats funny mate & he should have it next week.
cg
Old 04-12-2007, 04:21 AM
AussiePilot

Great news ur bro will love it,
i contacted PA today and spoke to Adad, im going there sat to get some parts....So hopefully all good....
Old 04-12-2007, 07:46 AM
Precision Aerobatics

ORIGINAL: kiowawarrior2

looks great Aussie.
I like the way you set it up. Hope mine goes together as quickly. If it ever gets here, Greyhound freight has no idea when my kit will arrive, or even where it is. I sit on hold for 10min then they say my reference number doesn't work and then they can't find the shipment by using PA's details or mine. Might be the cheapest freight around. But is certainly a case of you get what you pay for.
On a more positive note, my engine will be here in a couple of days. Although, the muffler is on backorder. PA should be back friday, so if the kit hasn't turned up by then, I'll get PA to crack some heads and sort it out for me.
I know the kit will be worth it in the end, but makes me wonder if someone out there doesn't like me.

Thom

Hi Thom

Been on the phone with them today several times, its in transport mate, they had some delay due to Easter etc. but should be there real soon.

Adad
Precision Aerobatics Team
Old 04-13-2007, 04:58 AM
kiowawarrior2

Thanks Adad,
I had contacted the carrier via their website and within about 30 mins got a phone call from them giving an excuse as to why it hadn't left Sydney. Can't wait till it gets here so I can get started. The engine turned up yesterday and the muffler will be here in the near future. It's all falling into place and soon I'll be flying a sweet looking edge.

Thanks to Adad and Shaun for the help and support they have given me already. Now all I have to do is convince my better half to let me get a Katana MD.

Cheers,
Thom
Old 04-13-2007, 07:47 AM
AussiePilot

Thom, u will be surprised when u open the box, my first impression was "WOW everything is done", For me because im using the Emcotec i couldnt decide where i was going to put everything, that was the hardest thing in this build hehe.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:11 PM
AussiePilot

hey guys this the finished product guys
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp44313.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	114.4 KB
ID:	663578  
Old 04-15-2007, 05:55 AM
AussiePilot

well i havent posted for a few days, im having a bit of trouble getting the Cg, i put it on my cg machine last night and its Nose heavy So i moved the Ignition battery near the rudder servo and still is nose heavy, i cant move anything else, im fresh out of ideas. i dont really want to start adding dead weight to the tail, if u guys got any ideas would be great
Steve
Old 04-16-2007, 07:38 AM
wifpwcf

hi mate keep that ignition battery away from ya radio gear please,how nose heavy is it? i cant see why it would be nose heavy with the set up u got,,you might need to make longer leads of the flight packs & make a holder ontop of the rudder servo out of lite ply so they can be straped onto it,or under ya pull pull cables if there is room. hope this helps ya
drop around with ya fuse before the weekend & ill sort it out for ya.ill be out the raaf base sat sunday if you wont to test it
cg
Old 04-16-2007, 10:42 AM
aerofundan

wow! nose heavy? i'm surprised to hear that!, where did you place your RX batteries?, if all else fails, i think definately a good way to go is if you can install the rudder servo in the tail and use a pushrod instead of the pull pull system, that way you won't have to add any weight to get it to CG.

Daniel
Old 04-16-2007, 03:14 PM
AussiePilot

Glen, what ya doing tomorrow ( wednesday ) if u not busy ill drop around with the plane... and we can sort it out......i want to change the throttle link too it got too much flex...ill bring the wings too and we can throw it on the cg machine
is that cool glen.???
speak to you soon....
pm me with ur address
Steve
Old 04-17-2007, 12:00 AM
kiowawarrior2

Hi Guys,
Been a while since I have checked in. I have had good news, my edge will arrive at the depot tomorrow morning, so I will be picking it up after work. It's been 15 days coming, and now the fun begins.

Aussie,
Keep us posted on the outcome of the c.g.

Take care guys,
Thom
Old 04-17-2007, 01:53 AM
wifpwcf

Glen, what ya doing tomorrow ( wednesday ) if u not busy ill drop around with the plane... and we can sort it out......i want to change the throttle link too it got too much flex...ill bring the wings too and we can throw it on the cg machine
is that cool glen.???
speak to you soon....
pm me with ur address
Steve
no probs mate ill pm you my address.
cg
Old 04-17-2007, 03:47 AM
AussiePilot

Thanks glen i got it, ill be around about 5;30 6pm is that ok.?? i finish work around 4, by the time i get the plane packed and stuff it will be around 4;30ish..
thanks mate....
ill definatly be there i appreciate ur help..
steve
Old 04-17-2007, 07:17 AM
wifpwcf

Thanks glen i got it, ill be around about 5;30 6pm is that ok.?? i finish work around 4, by the time i get the plane packed and stuff it will be around 4;30ish..
thanks mate....
ill definatly be there i appreciate ur help..
steve
no probs mate ill have a few cold beers waiting[8D]
cheers glen
Old 04-19-2007, 10:13 PM
kiowawarrior2

Hi guys,
Well, it finally happened. Against all odds my kit turned up yesterday. The boxing was removed within minutes to reveal the best looking ARF ever laid eyes upon. I started with the u/c, the mains are on now and it sits so proudly now. It will take me a while to piece it all together since I'm not the fastest builder and a bit of a perfectionist to boot! So, no 2-3 day build here. (couldn't imagine doing as quick as Aussie)
The only piece of kit missing from the equation now is the muffler, but that should be here very soon rumour has it.

How much weight was added Aussie?
Old 04-20-2007, 07:25 AM
AussiePilot

kiowawarrior2 ,
Congrats Mate, yea take this build slow but make sure u get all the vital points done correctly, u will enjoy ur plane more and it will last longer the only rteason why i finished my plane in a few days was because i did it on the long easter w/e...and i bought all my radio grear 2 months before hand while i was waiting for the model, though what helped the most was i spoke to adad about what sort of stuff i will need and she wrote me any email telling me what i will need to complete so when she send me the email 2 days later i agreed and picked them all up...
thougjh i havent flown the plane yet, i havent had time to set my Cg yet i been So busy with my new unit, i got so much stuff to move my plane will have to wait a week or so...

thought in the next 2 weeks im hopeing to get it in the air...

Good luck
Steve....

ps thanks glen ill be in contact for next tueday mate take care...
Old 04-24-2007, 07:24 PM
AussiePilot

kiowawarrior2,
How are you gong with ur build mate....how are u finding it.??
Old 04-25-2007, 05:16 AM
kiowawarrior2

Hi Aussie,
All is going well. I'm basicly at the stage of putting in the servo's and locating the motor box. It's been a pretty easy build so far, nothing difficult at all. Not that an ARF should be a difficult project, but this is so much easier when it all fits so well. Should be ready in a week or so, mainly because I'm only able to dedicated a couple of hours a night on the nights I'm not busy. I'm very impressed with the quality, certainly has put Precision Aerobatics at the top of the list for my next gasser. Only a few parts left to arrive, the muffler and some bits from PA. They should be here within the week. I'm hoping to get enough stick time between now and the DA Challenge at Coolum so that I can be reasonably comfortable with the model flying the basic routine.
Hopefully you won't have to wait long to get it into the air. I know moving sucks, whether you do it yourself or someone does it for you.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:22 AM
AussiePilot

yuh the moving part is done now...im going to balance the plane on saturday and hopefully sunday ill fly it...ill write a report on what happended

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.