Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Acceptable Wing Gap Size and Wing Alignment

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Acceptable Wing Gap Size and Wing Alignment

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2004, 10:13 PM
Hooked-On-RC
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Acceptable Wing Gap Size and Wing Alignment

You fellows out there that build or those that buy ARF's what do you consider to be an acceptable gap between the wing and the fuse on planes with plug in wings?

Also same question on those planes with plugin Horizontal stabilizers?

Also what sort of alignment between the wing and the horizontal stab should you accept? (looking from the front or the rear of the plane, I am thinking the wing and the hor stab should be dead even...am I correct?)
Old 11-19-2004, 03:18 PM
Miloh

Default RE: Acceptable Wing Gap Size and Wing Alignment

I would not have a gap myself. If repair is needed do it. What plane are you working on there? as for the Horz stab, it should be level just as the wings are. if it's off you might need to repair it as well. depending on how far off it is it might not cause any problems other than getting it trimed up properly.

Miloh.
Old 11-19-2004, 03:49 PM
vypr
My Feedback: (6)

If its new it better have a almost unnoticable gap... a bigger gap does cause problems with harriers. I've used foam wing seat tape to fix the gap on my edge after taping it to test and finding my harriers working better.
Old 11-19-2004, 07:43 PM
Diablo-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

I set the wing to stab incidence within 0.1 degree using the Smart Level. If it's off, I'll make a new set of ply donuts for the wing dowels. All planes (even ARFs) fly best with the wings in alignment with the stab.