Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Carden Extra, Fuel dot mounting

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Carden Extra, Fuel dot mounting

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 03:41 PM
Jack28
My Feedback: (19)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Carden Extra, Fuel dot mounting

Where is the best place to mount the fancy DA fuel Dot assembly on a Carden Extra 330, I know this is a stupid question , but do you mount them in the top of the cowl, top of the foam cowl decking. or just side mount it. I was going for the scale type look. I Bought one this past weekend at the WRAM show for my Carden extra project, I looked at a bunch of pics and don't see it on the cowl top in any of them. Any suggestions welcome. thanks jack.
Old 03-02-2005, 03:43 PM
Mokken
My Feedback: (63)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Carden Extra, Fuel dot mounting

ORIGINAL: Jack28

Where is the best place to mount the fancy DA fuel Dot assembly on a Carden Extra 330, I know this is a stupid question , but do you mount them in the top of the cowl, top of the foam cowl decking. or just side mount it. I was going for the scale type look. I Bought one this past weekend at the WRAM show for my Carden extra project, I looked at a bunch of pics and don't see it on the cowl top in any of them. Any suggestions welcome. thanks jack.
On the right side of the fuse about 3" behind the cowl....
Old 03-02-2005, 07:44 PM
jmiracle
My Feedback: (9)

why is that particular spot the best location??

ORIGINAL: Mokken

Old 03-02-2005, 07:57 PM
islandflyer

Anywhere on the top of is ugly, and you can get gas drips on your plane. I had one mounted on the side of the cowl, but that made cowl removal and installation a little tricky. So now I install those on the side of the fuse, just behind the cowl.
Old 03-02-2005, 09:54 PM
Kevgofly
My Feedback: (2)

Jack,
On the full scale it would be on top in front of the canopy. Obviously this is not a good solution in our application (on a Carden). In the top of the cowl would be the next most scale place, but less than ideal due to having to take it all apart to get the cowl off, (not really a big deal but potentially messy) plus you run the risk of dripping gas on your beautiful paint all the time. So, the best option (in my opinion) is on the side as suggested earlier.

Here's a picture of one I'm building for a friend now.
Hope this helps,
Kev
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd93450.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	237239  
Old 03-03-2005, 07:43 AM
Mokken

ORIGINAL: jmiracle

why is that particular spot the best location??

ORIGINAL: Mokken

Mount it wherever you want, it makes no difference. All the Carden aircraft I have been around have them mounted in that spot.

Old 03-03-2005, 07:48 AM
Mokken

Mount it wherever you want, it makes no difference. All the Carden aircraft I have been around have them mounted in that spot.
Old 03-06-2005, 06:38 AM
2.6mrod

keep the fuel dot above the tank level so as there is no spillage of fuel when the tank is full,
made this mistake with mine every time i unplugged the fuel filler it poured fuel back out the fuel dot.
rod
Old 03-06-2005, 07:07 AM
ifixairplanes
My Feedback: (9)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know it ain't no carden, but this is where I put the fuel dot on my CAP.

Sean
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw68405.gif
Views:	10
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	238740