Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2002, 06:16 PM
NCC-1701

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you using long servo extensions? If so, your servo wires may be acting as an antenna and sending spurrious signals to the servos. I'm guessing the Futaba servos are better at filtering spurrious signals than the GWS servos.

I've used GWS Naro servos in small electrics and they work very well (they have very short leads). However, I have no experience with the larger ones.

Rob
Old 10-11-2002, 09:57 PM
NCC-1701

Al,

I own a 9C and an 8U. I don't see how the GWS servos can be compatible with all but 1 Futaba transmitter. I just had a radical thought. What modulation was your 9C set at? In the past, I've had servos jitter during radio set up when I was transmitting in PCM mode and the receiver was PPM (FM).

I recommend going back and checking the selected modulation for that model on your 9C.

Good Luck

Rob
Old 11-05-2002, 02:22 AM
RonM

I have had some strange problems with GWS servos that was dependant on which equipment I used with them. In particular, I tried to use them with a Hitec Supreme receiver, and the control surfaces oscillated so violently, screws backed out of the servos and the arms! I tried a second new Hitec recever, same thing. Futaba receiver, no problem. Trans was an 8U. Sent the servos back to GWS, and they said the servos were fine, but they said Hitec receivers had a circuit in them that was causing the problem. Sounds like bunk to me.
Old 11-05-2002, 06:50 PM
NCC-1701

Thanks for the heads up. I have 4 Futaba 148's and was thinking about GWS micro servos as throttle and retract valbve servos. I'll steer clear until this issue is worked out.

Rob