Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Anybody flying the Evolution 26cc?

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Anybody flying the Evolution 26cc?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 11:18 AM
50%plane
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody flying the Evolution 26cc?

Well? I'm interested in it, but would like to hear about it.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:25 AM
v-snap
My Feedback: (18)

Default RE: Anybody flying the Evolution 26cc?

I looked at the 3 motors in the LHS the other day. 26cc, 35cc, 50cc. They all look incredibly clean and nice (pretty).. Set ups look ok, but I don't like the idea of having to use a rail style mount on the two smaller ones..Back plate mounts are really the only way to go. My last impression is why why design a purpose built gas engine for models and then stick a Walbro carb on it that needs a case pressure tap (one more problem) and to boot it doesn't have a straight shot with the throttle nor choke linkage...
I realize this is the MVVS engine (most likely) but people need to think when they engineer these things.
Other then that, they look like they should run good, light to the feel.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:08 PM
50%plane

I'm looking at putting it on my H9 25% Cap because it doesn't weigh that much more than a Saito 180.(2.oz I believe) It would also save a lot on gas money.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:13 PM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Evo 26cc will not have the power of the Saito 180.

ORIGINAL: woops

I'm looking at putting it on my H9 25% Cap because it doesn't weigh that much more than a Saito 180.(2.oz I believe) It would also save a lot on gas money.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:37 PM
50%plane

It won't, but I'm only looking for a light wing loading, and a good motor that will pull it around.(semi-3D capable)
Old 08-18-2005, 05:07 AM
Don M.

ORIGINAL: woops

You'll be surprised what this thing weighs when you get everything you need. I have the MVVS 1.6 in a Balsa Nova 120 and it weighs 50 ozs. with header & tuned pipe, less motor mount ( a Dubro 688, another 6 ozs. ). I'm going to pull it and put in my OS 1.60 which will save me over 1 lb. Your right about the operating cost though, 8 ozs. of gas = 12 mins. flying. I just can't see the point if it makes the plane fly heavy.

The pressure tap did come loose on mine and had to JB Weld it, the "odd" throttle hook up is no problem with a little R/C ingenuity.
Old 08-18-2005, 10:50 AM
MalaysianFlyer

Well, it is the MVVS engine, and there are as always pros and cons. I am actually going to install this in a H9 showtime, despite the fact it will be heavy as I want to use gas, since fuel is expensive over here. It will depend on your own requirements, as to choose between gas and glow. However, remember that this engine is a glow conversion job, and you can convert it to glow by changing only the head and the carb, if you decide later to go back to glow to save the weight of the ignition and battery. I ran the glow version before, using 0% nitro, with an APC 18x6W, and was getting 8900rpm with the tuned pipe, another friends got 8300 witht he same prop but using a cannister muffler. On gas it should rev in the 7500+ range.

It is good as you can convert it back to glow even after running it as a gasser, the local MVVS dealer recently flew the 35cc version which he had converted from glow, was a real laugh, coz despite being a gasser, the plane still smelt of glow fuel when it landed.