Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Engine Combo For Extreme A/C Cap 232

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Engine Combo For Extreme A/C Cap 232

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 07:59 PM
BusterBust
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Combo For Extreme A/C Cap 232

Hi

I have an Extreme Aircraft Cap 232, i had a Super Tigre 1.4 powering it but it just doesn't seem to have the power it takes to move this plane around.[]

Since i was wanting to get into gas engine anyways , i was thinking i would put a Zenoah G-38 on the plane instead of the Super Tigre.

- Is the Zenoah G-38 going to haul this plane around well?
- Does the Zenoah G-38 fit into the cowling well?

Thanks

Old 08-19-2005, 09:54 PM
Texastbird

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Engine Combo For Extreme A/C Cap 232

I have this plane and would say that the G38 weighs way too much for this airframe and probably wouldn't have the power to do what you want it to do. Houw about a Moki 1.8 or a big Saito?
Old 08-20-2005, 09:07 AM
BusterBust

Thanks Texastbird for the reply.

What type of engine is powering your plane if you done mind me asking?
Old 08-20-2005, 04:53 PM
Texastbird

Well to be honest, I have a good running MDS 1.48 ready to mount in this airframe, but now I'm thinking it needs at least a O.S. 1.60 to do what I want with it. The MDS pulls a 16X8 @ about 9200 and my friends 1.60s will pull a 18X6 at about the same rpm.(APCs) I had this engine in a 78" Lanier Extra and it flew it well but not 3-d capable. So I might go with the O.S. or better yet a Moki 1.80. I based this a lot on the review here on RCU.http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...article_id=422
Also the Chip Hyde CapX is just about the same airplane with a different cover scheme, and they also put a 1.60 on the test plane.
But anyway, this is why I feel the OS 1.60 is the minimum size engine for this plane. And its why I haven't finished mine yet due to needing another engine and trying to figure out how to justify it to the CFO (wife)
Old 08-20-2005, 09:21 PM
BusterBust

The ST 2300...just isn`t enough engine to haul this plane around with any enthusiasm. Not only that but i put a smoke system in this plane and i pushed everything as forward as i could and still i had to put on metal plates on this side of the firewall box to get the plane to balance out properly cause it was SUPER tail heavy for some reason.

Now, i am very highly considering putting the ST 3250 1.9 size engine on this plane and hopefully i can take some of the dead weight off the nose and have the plane fly the way it should.

Might you know of any Moki distributors in the U.S. or Canada? , The only one i have found is in England.

Old 08-21-2005, 09:27 PM
Texastbird

Morris Hobbies sells the "Mark" engines which are the same (I think) I've heard some good things about them.
http://www.morrishobbies.com/