Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Need help on GSP Decathlon 96"

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Need help on GSP Decathlon 96"

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 02:25 PM
Fossy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help on GSP Decathlon 96"

Hi guys!

Just finished my GSP Decathlon and did the maiden flight.
The plane is climbing too much on full power (G45)- so I have to trim the elevator down for almost half an inch...

Is that normal to that plane? It is the ARF version so I didn´t have a chance to change the position of the elevator unit....

I am a native german speaker so i don´t know the right term, but i am trying: does anybody know the stalling angle means the included angle of the wings and elevator unit - in german we say EWD or Einstellwinkeldifferenz

Is anybody here who can give me some advice???

Thanks in advance,

Chris
Old 08-22-2005, 03:36 PM
RCVFR
My Feedback: (7)

Default RE: Need help on GSP Decathlon 96"

It appears you are on the right track. The wing probably has too much incidence. A simple test would be to fly the plane with the wing trailing edge raised about 3mm and note the difference in behavior. From that, you can tell if you may want to raise it more, or less. Good luck with your adjustments.
Old 08-22-2005, 04:22 PM
HarryJ
My Feedback: (98)

Chris,
I have the ARC version of that same plane with a FPE 2.4 engine. Mine would climb at full throttle but it could be trimed at about half throttle with no problem. I then put flat washers behind the top of the engine mount and tilted the engine down a couple degrees. Now it will fly perfectly level at full throttle and the nose will drop at half and below. It don't take but very little up trim for it to fly level at half throttle.

Harry
Old 08-22-2005, 11:48 PM
Fossy

Yes, I had the same idea with washers behind the top of the engine mount !! If you look at the cowl were the crankshaft comes out you can imagine, that it has been planed to add some down thrust....

Will try and give report!

Thanks and BR,

Chris
Old 08-25-2005, 05:10 AM
Fossy

@Harry:

Please could you measure the incidence (Wing/Elevator unit) of your plane and tell me??

Thnals a lot,

Chris