Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

84" Aerotech YAK

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2005, 05:42 PM
Giant Flier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 84" Aerotech YAK

Hello,

I pre-ordered this plane and cant wait to get it. I wanted to know other than a DA or 3W. Do anyone have hard data on the evolution motors yet? Seems like a nice motor if it lives up to the spec's.

Thanks
Steven
Old 08-28-2005, 07:07 PM
Hoss
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: 84" Aerotech YAK

The Evo is the same as the MVVS so you can do a search on MVVS 58.
Old 08-29-2005, 10:22 PM
Giant Flier

Hello,

Thanks for the info. I went ahead and Im putting the same setup Aerotech has in their plane. DA 50 on a pefa cannister. Looks like a simple install. Can't wait to dig into the plane. Its the best looking color scheme YAK Ive seen IMO.

Thank you

Steve
Old 10-04-2005, 08:56 PM
Copper

Do any of you guys have any idea when the yaks are gonna be available. I pre ordered too, but I still have no idea. I can hardly wait!
Old 10-04-2005, 09:20 PM
Aerotech

Hello,

Late this month/early november. Still the same schedule. We can't wait either...

Take Care

John

www.aerotech-rcmodels.com
Old 10-05-2005, 10:23 AM
T. Bob
My Feedback: (9)

Hello Dave Miller

Why are you hiding????????????
In a previous post Giant Flier was Dave Miller P.A. and now it's Steven.
I know you guys, or maybe it's just one guy, love to talk about Aerotech, and thats fine, but why lie about who you are?

All Forums >> RC Airplanes >> Giant RC Aircraft >> OMP 35% Edge 540
Giant Flier
Super Contributor

I have been in volved with Giant Scale for over 20 years and have seen alot. I agree that if they had another companys plane in the booth and calling it there own then these guys have one agenda and wont last in the industry. But almost every manufacturer copies something or an idea from someone. If you go back in time Carden did that with his Elbandito which I have one. I also have a Godfrey laser that is 14 years old. The planes are identical except for the top of the fuse, even the cowl. Aeroworks and there 37% Extra is a Godfrey knock off. That has been common knowledge for a long time.

So before people cast stones they should know some history not just what the manufacturer claims. I think Carden & Aeroworks have come a long way and have addded original items to their fleet But they also started somewhere like others. Im not saying its right, but it happens and those companies are not immune and there will be other companies that will do it again. Support what you want and know your facts before you cast the first blow.

Dave Miller P.A.
Old 10-05-2005, 05:07 PM
3D ONdaEDGE

Look at the EVO/MVVS 45MG. I ordered 1 and I love it already. My engine with plug and ignition weighed in a 3lb. 2.8OZ on a postage scale. This may or may not be accurate, but on the same scale the DA with plug and ignition weighed in at 3lb. 9oz. That is 1/3 pound difference. I also ordered the MVVS cannister muffler system, which puts the power well past the DAs. the cannister weighes 8 oz. So it weighs 2 more oz with tuned pipe than the DA does with stock muffler. Buy the time you add a pipe to the DA to get the power back up, a KS pipe and header will weigh 10oz, and you have to tune it. So for the same power as a DA piped, mine is still 1/2 lb. less. Oh, and I wont have to have it sent in 50 times for updates. MVVS/EVO gets my vote by a long shot.
Old 10-06-2005, 12:28 PM
T. Bob

Actually the scheme is pretty close to the TOC Yak and the TOC comes with a girl.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt58555.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	334981   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb90273.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	334982  
Old 10-06-2005, 08:19 PM
Copper

I've been looking but i can't seem to find a place to actually BUY a pefa canister...anyone know where i can get one?
Old 10-06-2005, 09:01 PM
Aerotech

Hello,

We got it from Desert Aircraft with the KS header system. Worked great and was super quite.

Thanks

John

www.aerotech-rcmodels.com
Old 10-09-2005, 08:07 PM
T. Bob

It' amazing how quiet threads get sometimes.

cricket....cricket....cricket....
Old 10-10-2005, 12:58 AM
bpryor
My Feedback: (45)

ORIGINAL: T. Bob

It' amazing how quiet threads get sometimes.

cricket....cricket....cricket....
Well, I would guess since no one has the plane, there's really not much for people to be "Yaking" about.

ORIGINAL: 3D ONdaEDGE

Look at the EVO/MVVS 45MG. I ordered 1 and I love it already. My engine with plug and ignition weighed in a 3lb. 2.8OZ on a postage scale. This may or may not be accurate, but on the same scale the DA with plug and ignition weighed in at 3lb. 9oz. That is 1/3 pound difference. I also ordered the MVVS cannister muffler system, which puts the power well past the DAs. the cannister weighes 8 oz. So it weighs 2 more oz with tuned pipe than the DA does with stock muffler. Buy the time you add a pipe to the DA to get the power back up, a KS pipe and header will weigh 10oz, and you have to tune it. So for the same power as a DA piped, mine is still 1/2 lb. less. Oh, and I wont have to have it sent in 50 times for updates. MVVS/EVO gets my vote by a long shot.
But since the MVVS 45 was brought up, and you want to hear something other than silence, I'll second the vote on this engine. I only have 1.5 hours on my 45, but it's been a perfect performer so far.

3D ONdaEDGE, even though I agree with you on the engine, I have to disagree a little bit on your math. I think when you were quoting the weight of the MVVS canister at 8oz, you were forgetting about the header, which if you're using the MVVS one, it's a real boat anchor at about 5 or 6 ounces if I remember correctly(plus the coupler). I recommend to anyone getting this setup to replace the MVVS header with a lightweight KS stainless one that will save you at least half of that header weight.

...and on the subject of this thead....I could go look on the Aerotech site, but this will give someone an opportunity to say something for T. Bob to read( ), does this Yak have a pipe tunnel designed into it? Thanks.