Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

35% Aerotech Yak?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2005, 12:36 PM
Mike3drc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 35% Aerotech Yak?

Hello,

I have been looking at this plane. I dont like ARF's I like to build. Anyone have this plane? I found this picture on their website. It looks like a YAK 54 thats why I have a strong interest.

Mike
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq47281.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	320475  
Old 09-06-2005, 01:21 PM
SydDythers
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: 35% Aerotech Yak?

There is a thread on it in the Aerotech forum here on RCU. I'm hoping to build one this winter.
Old 09-07-2005, 10:29 AM
DaveMiller

Hello,

I just saw that on the Aerotech site also. Very nice to see people are getting them done and flying. I have the 40% YAK and with work Im 3 months off from completion. Excellent performers from what I have read.

Thank you

Dave Miller
Old 09-07-2005, 10:48 AM
ncsanik
My Feedback: (1)

SilhavyAerosports.net has one coming out soon. the website is not up at the moment but it prototype is amasing. His kits are foam and balsa sticks like a carden.

Brian
Old 09-07-2005, 11:16 AM
DaveMiller

Hello,

Heck no neeed to wait for another company, they have them out and flying already. Also buying from an unknown company. I wouldnt today with all the folks in different industries going in and out of business and the customers holding the bag with no product. I know if I buy from Aerotech or Carden I have no worries from my experience.

Thank you

Dave Miller
Old 09-07-2005, 11:37 AM
T. Bob
My Feedback: (9)

I'd buy the Carden, a very proven company, great service and I like the fact of a building thread.
It's such a large investment and undertaking it's nice to see such great service. Anyone can sell you a box of wood but Carden really stand by their product and are willing to help you along the way.
[link=http://www.aeroprotect.com/Workbench/Yak54/Index.html]Carden Yak[/link]
Old 09-07-2005, 12:49 PM
Badge
My Feedback: (21)

I'd buy the AeroTech, a very proven company, great service and I like the fact that there are building threads right here on rcu for you browse through.
It's such a large investment and undertaking it's nice to see such great service. Anyone can sell you a box of wood but AeroTech really stands by their product and John is willing to help you along the way
Old 09-07-2005, 01:10 PM
BBW Walt
My Feedback: (11)

If 35% is your size of choice then the only choice right now is the Aerotech. Carden only offers a 40% Yak at the moment. I have a friend building the Aerotech 35%er right now. There were some issues getting all the pieces gathered up but the build has gone very well. The quality is there, and the builder is happy with the results. Should be flying pretty soon, availability your guess...
Old 09-07-2005, 01:21 PM
Aerotech

Hello,

I will be the first to admit again, that I never expected the supplier delays on the cowls and canopys for this YAK. The good thing is after months of trickling parts in, they are steady again to meet our production demand. We are trying harder everyday to not let history repeat itself. Thanks for the compliments.

Best Regards

John

www.aerotech-rcmodels.com
Old 09-07-2005, 04:47 PM
T. Bob

Badge

Did you cut and paste that all by yourself?
You did a good job!
[sm=stupid.gif][sm=stupid.gif][sm=stupid.gif]
Buy any kit you want too.
I just thought the Carden site was very impressive and is a testament to their service.

Just my opinion

Old 09-08-2005, 03:05 AM
tobytorkn

mr miller, thanks for your comments concerning fly by night companies. i too have been taken by companies that did not live up to hype with nothing to show for it. i started flying 27 years ago and have designed over 50 aircraft to date. my company started with the thrill of watching younger pilots flying my designs. after a year of prodding (sp?) from several pilots i have opened up some of my designs in kit form. to be honest, i do this on the side and this is not my full time job like so many other cottage industry companies. i've worked with several of the companies in rc and my designs were presented this year at the toledo show at the planes plus booth. i've also worked with john at aerotech on a couple of designs. john is a great guy and his products are second to none. i put my name on my company and i will stand by that bar none. i'm an unlimited imac pilot in the north central district. i've spent several thousand dollars in cnc equipment and have enjoyed learning their use and have incorporated their use into making wings (and other foam parts) and all ply parts for my kits. as this is a thread concerning AEROTECH's 35% yak, i think we should keep the thread on that subject instead of whose is best-ford/chevy battles. if you have and questions or concerns please feel free to email or call me anytime.
[email protected]
1-937-764-1606

Sincercely,

Dr. Toby W. Silhavy
Old 09-08-2005, 08:32 AM
Marcelo Assis
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try the 35% YAK from Aerotech.
I bought one 40% YAK kit and I really satisfied with its quality and also with the John´s feedback regarding my construction´s doubts. Just to you know, i leave in Brazil and John helped me a lot to have my kit here.
I also saw the 84" wingspan Aerotech YAk54´s video and I am very impressed.
Regards,
Marcelo
Old 09-08-2005, 08:36 AM
Marcelo Assis
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HELLO DAVE,
HOW DOES YOUR YAK 40% FLY?
WHICH SET UP DO YOU HAVE ON IT?
COULDN´T YOU PUT SOME PICS FOR US?
REGARDS,
MARCELO
Old 09-09-2005, 08:38 AM
Badge
My Feedback: (21)

ORIGINAL: T. Bob

Badge

Did you cut and paste that all by yourself?
You did a good job!
[sm=stupid.gif][sm=stupid.gif][sm=stupid.gif]
Buy any kit you want too.
I just thought the Carden site was very impressive and is a testament to their service.

Just my opinion

Ya my pc skills are vast, I never even knew Carden had a 35% Yak so I didn't see how your post had any relevance in this thread and maybe one day when you own another mfg brand aircraft of equal size your value judgments of one brand over another may have some credibility.

Its funny how you can be so passionate about the brand you buy but nobody else is allowed to be as passionate about a competing brand. Hell, I thought thats the way this here economy works in the United States.
Old 09-09-2005, 10:58 AM
ballistic1
My Feedback: (27)

To get back on track here I am looking for a winter project and I wonder if anyone knows if canister
mufflers are possable on the Aerotech 35% Yak??
Also what is the wait time for a kit?

Thanks Frank
Old 09-09-2005, 11:36 AM
40%plane

As far as I know I beleive that you should be able to run canisters on all of the 35% and 40% airplanes from Aerotech. I also know you can run them on the arfs they have, but the smaller kits I dont know.

Mike
Old 09-09-2005, 11:57 AM
jsm77777
My Feedback: (4)

Very true Badge. That's how these forums seem to go. 3W or DA, Futaba or JR, and this and that. I will bet over 90% of these so called experts on here, don't even own, or fly what they are recommending. I just hope that any newcomer using these forums takes what people say on here with a huge grain of salt. I would highly recommend that anyone looking to get into anything in RC, including giant scale, go around and SEE for yourself what you are looking for. Try to find a local expert, or find a top notch flier, and pick their brain, instead of trying to find valuable information from reliable sources on these forums. Scott
Old 09-09-2005, 01:16 PM
Aerotech

Hello,

To answer the question. The 35% YAK54 has all the areas cut out as all the kits do for cannisters. We make sure this option is available on all our kits and let the laser do the work. If you have any further questions shift over the the forum we have for the Q&A on all our products or email me.

Thanks
John

www.aerotech-rcmodels.com
Old 09-09-2005, 04:59 PM
T. Bob

Badge
I support many plane companies please check my history, and while you’re at it, check 40%plane, DaveMiller and MarceloAssis and then tell me about biases about one company.
The only reason I brought up Carden because it was mentioned before.
Please before you accuse, use those pc skills and do a little research.

And I'm sure you will be able to put mike3drc on that list soon.
Old 09-09-2005, 08:59 PM
flying skunks
My Feedback: (7)

I have a 35% Yak with a zdz 120,and canister mufflers,no problem with the fit.
Donnie
Old 09-09-2005, 11:24 PM
T. Bob

Hey Donnie
Do you have any pics?
Thanks
Old 09-09-2005, 11:52 PM
T. Bob

Another unsolicited opinion

flying skunks wrote on another thread:
The canopy's are on there way and the cowl's arent an issue any more.was just at John's this morning.
Donnie
Please guys lets just stop the lies and tell us who you are?

T. Bob P.A.
Old 09-10-2005, 05:47 PM
flying skunks

T.Bob
did you're parents ever tell you" that if you have nothing nice to say,say nothing at all"
Donnie
Old 09-11-2005, 02:29 PM
flying skunks

T.Bob
what kind of pix would you like to see?If all you are going to badger a company, no matter what pictures you see is it going to change you're mind about anything or are you going to constantly belittle said company for you're personal gratification? I love to help people in this hobby anyway I can and do so straight forward.There are many different coumpany's out there making many different planes,If you do not like one that is you're opinion,do not badger the ones that you don't for what ever reason.
Donnie
Old 09-12-2005, 12:35 PM
T. Bob

Donnie
Here are the two I'm flying this season.
You can see it wasn't that hard.
Give it a try.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nj25440.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	323260  
Attached Images  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.