Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

First large scale aircraft

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

First large scale aircraft

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 03:27 PM
sonerai
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First large scale aircraft

I am ready to fly my first large scale aircraft( 31.5% Lanier Staudacher S-600 Zenoah GT-80) I have a Hitec Prizm 7X radio and PCM receiver. I intend to use 1650ma and 1200ma 4.8v battery packs each running through a switch with the second plugged into channel 7. I am doing this in case a battery or switch were to fail.I've heard of battery savers but I think this is the simpler way. Any ideas on this subject would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 09-13-2005, 06:00 PM
sillyness
My Feedback: (25)

Default RE: First large scale aircraft

You might want to match the capacities... generally the larger pack will have lower internal impedance and will take most of the in-flight load (since the voltage will stay up under load), then during low demand phases (on the ground, etc) the smaller pack will try to recharge the bigger one... we're not talking huge currents, but it's current and battery wear you don't need. If you run similarly sized packs then thhey should drain evenly.
Old 09-13-2005, 07:26 PM
Icebird

Default RE: First large scale aircraft

Sorry, but there is no need to match the capacity of the packs. You **MUST** have the same number of cells, but that's it. I have used vastly different sized packs, and had no problems at all. What you'll find is that if you have 50% capacity left in one pack, you'll also have 50% capacity left in the other pack. This means that if you fly the 1650 pack down to where it has 825 left, the 1200 will have about 600 left in it. You should have no problems at all with this system.

HTH
Jim