Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Rascal 110 and G26 QQQ

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2005, 12:54 AM
slvmnr
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rascal 110 and G26 QQQ

For those of you who built a Rascal 110 and G26 for power, I need some info.
What kind of mount for G26, like Bennettbuilt vibra lock, Ect or ?
Also muffler, like Slimline thin side mount?
I know I will have to cut the cowling, but that comes with using G26
Any pix to look at would be apprec.... Tnx Carl
Old 09-17-2005, 05:20 AM
badz
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Rascal 110 and G26 QQQ

I got a G23cc on mine with a bennet muffler...cowl on the rascal's small so had to chop a pretty decent hole in the side but not a big deal
Old 09-17-2005, 07:52 AM
tsekoa
My Feedback: (2)

I built the Rascal 110 last winter and here is what I did. For power I used the Zenoah G-26, it is a squeeze but it will fit and the airframe will handle the power. I used a APC 17-6 prop with a Slimline pitts style muffler. The power is awsome. I used Futaba S3305 servos. I mounted the rudder servo in the rear of the fuslage to help balance the plane. There is a opening for the rudder servo allready cut into the fuslage for this. Feel around with your fingers and you will find it. I also put a smoke system on it. I will try to post some pictures if I can figure out how to do it. I also used a PCM receiver that is always a good idea when using spark ignition. She flies great. This summer I took off the wheel pants and put on some 6 inch dubro balloon tires and added a three bladed prop to give it that tundra look and it really does look like a tundra airplane now. Besides I can fly it from deep grass fields also. Don't get me wrong, the wheel pants in this kit are top notch. Believe me I still have them. Go to the following website and I have posted more info and pictures.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...53#post2997153
Old 09-17-2005, 01:20 PM
slvmnr
My Feedback: (9)

Hey guys, how did you mount the engine to the firewall? Need to buy other supplies and I
dont have any measurements on cowl...Tnx Carl
Old 09-17-2005, 03:50 PM
tsekoa
My Feedback: (2)

slvmnr

Use the aluminum plate that comes with the engine. The corners have to be cut off in order to fit. Then I think I added a 3/8 inch 5 ply plywood spacer cut the same dimensions as the aluminum engine mount. When I mounted the engine I used socket cap bolts and nylon insert lock nuts. The engine does fit but it is a very tight fit. Look at the website in the previous reply.
Old 09-17-2005, 09:48 PM
HarryJ
My Feedback: (98)

The FPE 1.3 fits very well, as does the RCS 140 and the RCS 180. The MVVS 160 fits without cutting the cowl except for the exhaust pipes from the inverted wrap around Bisson muffler.

Harry