Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Scratchbuilding Information

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Scratchbuilding Information

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2005, 07:53 PM
KingCobra
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scratchbuilding Information

Can anyone point me to a site with a lot of good. concise information on scratchbuilding GS planes from plans? I ordered a book by R. Uravitch on the subject, but it left a lot (a whole lot!!) to be desired. I understand you have to cut out the parts (or buy a kit from one of the kit-cutters), but is there a recommended sequence for construction? The effects of (wrong) incidence on the wing and the horizontal stab? ways to endsure proper alignment during the building process? What are the considerations for installing retracts?? Actually, I have a club buddy with building experience that is supposed to assist me this winter on a Ziroli Skyraider, but I'd like to have some basic knowledge going into it other than what I've learned from building a few kits.
Old 09-18-2005, 11:19 PM
saramos

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Scratchbuilding Information

You might want to check out the "Scratch This" videos from Dave Platt. It comes in two volumes and covers the major points on selecting, and building from three views.

http://www.daveplattmodels.com/

Scott
Old 10-01-2005, 12:16 AM
crashnburn
My Feedback: (1)

Hi King, check out RCSCALEBUILDER.COM. It is a forum site much the same as this one except it is totally dedicated to building and flying scale models. You find lots of great info on all aspects of building. You have to register (its free) to get into the site to see its content, but the two or three minutes that takes will be well worth your time. Check it out.
Old 10-01-2005, 11:30 AM
RGM
My Feedback: (5)

You might want to check out CafeenMan's site. Lots 'n lots of really good info there.
www.airfieldmodels.com