Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

BME Yak 30% or TOC1 Yak 30%

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

BME Yak 30% or TOC1 Yak 30%

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2005, 04:12 PM
danielwidman79

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BME Yak 30% or TOC1 Yak 30%

Which is best in:
Flying 3D?
Building?
Quality?

Best regards Daniel in Sweden
Old 09-20-2005, 11:34 PM
bpryor
My Feedback: (45)

Default RE: BME Yak 30% or TOC1 Yak 30%

ORIGINAL: danielwidman79

Which is best in:
Flying 3D?
Building?
Quality?

Best regards Daniel in Sweden
Hi Daniel,

You probably aren't getting any responses because I doubt anyone has flown, or has both. I have also found most of the people in the BME thread to be generally unresponsive. That might be because not many people have them...but who knows. I would also be looking at the Quique Somenzini 30% Yak. From reading all the threads it seems to be coming out the lightest, except for the EF. I would recommend the EF number #1, but I suppose you didn't mention that one since you know there aren't any available. The EF is coming out without any particular effort in the low to mid 15lb range, which is pretty phenomenal. My KMP Yak came out at 17.5lbs without wheelpants and with a very light motor(MVVS 45MG), and although it flies exceptionally well at that weight, it would fly much better(at least for 3D) at 2 lbs lighter. The BME and TOC also seem to be coming out in the high 16's to 18lb range.

From what I've read, all are easy to build, have very good quality, and fly superbly. I haven't heard anyone complain about the flight characteristics of any of the top four brands of 30% Yaks. I don't think you could go wrong with any of them.....but since the TOC1 is pretty much the same flight design as the EF, you'll find a bunch more feedback on the TOC1 than the BME, since there are few flight reports on the BME yet, and many on the EF and TOC1.
Old 09-21-2005, 06:16 AM
BRYAN01601
My Feedback: (48)

Do a search on the cirkusfor the toc yak alot of guys have them over there and love them. I just purchased the 35% and must say the quality is top notch!

Link:

http://www.flyingcirkus.com/forum/m_...mpage_1/tm.htm
Old 09-21-2005, 08:57 AM
bpryor
My Feedback: (45)

Daniel,

PM bbuzzone (Buzz). He has the QQ and TOC and can at least compare those for you. He confirmed that the TOC is heavy, as I mentioned to you....and like I said, I think the BME is too.