Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Flight data recorder with video overlay

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Flight data recorder with video overlay

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2006, 07:18 PM
Skycam41

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flight data recorder with video overlay

Recently I posted information about a flight data recorder/video overlay system I have been testing. The Black Box as it is called is still in beta testing and revisions are already under way for a new improved model. However, the manufacturer would like more testing and input from modelers like you and I including suggestions for possible new features. They do have several Black Boxes remaining and would like to sell those for $99 plus shipping. Feedback would be greatly appreciated. If you are interested please send me a PM or email me at [email protected].

Just to give you a brief overview of what the BB can do, it has video overlay information for engine rpm, altitude, speed, RX battery voltage monitor and an auxilary battery voltage monitor. Some of these feature can be turned off (not displayed). It also records this information to its on board memory which can be downloaded to your computer via the supplied USB cord and played back on airplane looking gauge graphics using the supplied software.

More information can be found [link=http://www.act-labs.com/black%2Dbox/]here[/link]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig11675.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	410778   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy80508.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	410779