Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Eddie A's Super Hawk

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2002, 04:28 AM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eddie A's Super Hawk

I've got a plans set and related short kit items from Eddie Ajamian for his SuperHawk biplane - see photo below. Has anybody out there built this model and might have some tips to offer? TIA. Mine will be powered with a ZDZ 80 which I already have.

Mike
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1724_870.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	1871  
Old 05-16-2002, 12:08 AM
My Feedback: (9)

Mike

The Red biplane is the old color it has since been changed ( to Black ) and looks better in black I might add.

When did you get the plans lately?
I am consideriding a simi kit myself
After vewing the plans I can agree with you as they are cluttered.
Have you started the kit yet, can you discribe the kit.

At 24 lbs. a zdz 80 may be a little to much engine as a zeanoa 62
is more than enough. Usually 10 lbs. to a cub. in. for general flying a 62 is about 4 cub. in. and the 80 is about 5 cub. in.. Thats 1.5 times the required size. you might want consider some wood replacement in the kit such as sitka spruse instead of balsa as that engine will increase the stress factor because it can really hall _ss.

Thanks
Jim
Old 11-30-2002, 09:32 PM

Hello mrmike:

I am interested in one of Eddie's Superhawks. Have you been pleased with the quality of the kit? I have built a couple of Lanier kits and have good experience in building. I wanted to make this my first gas airplane project, however, I think Saito's new 53cc radial would be quite nice on it as well.

Any comments would be appreciated

Thanks
Dave Hughes
Old 05-27-2003, 10:02 PM
My Feedback: (9)

Default Eddie's Superhawk

Dave Hughes

Eddie Ajamian plans don't have a separate sheet for the parts they have to be extracted from with in the plans and left up to the person doing the work.

There are several flaws on the plans that I have as an example --it show the ribs in three separate locations and not one is the same size.

I will say that the plans are difficult to read, very cluttered, the kit I have only seen in parts and sets, the kit ?? has extra work needed in building and I can say would should take a well experienced builder to do this kit .

But its an nice aircraft - kit sells for about 525.00 last time I checked.

Thanks Good luck
JR
Old 01-30-2024, 03:45 PM
My Feedback: (36)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Eye
I've got a plans set and related short kit items from Eddie Ajamian for his SuperHawk biplane - see photo below. Has anybody out there built this model and might have some tips to offer? TIA. Mine will be powered with a ZDZ 80 which I already have.

Mike
Mike
Do you still have this Superhawk kit and have you built it?
Lom