Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!
View Poll Results: A poll
29% extra airwild
60.47%
29% edge airwild
27.91%
other
11.63%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

airwild 29% extra or edge

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 08:19 PM
dannny745
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default airwild 29% extra or edge

should i wait for the edge..
would like everyones opinion about both planes.
anyone got extra,,,looking for one of the lightest 50cc out there,
these are two of them out there????,what others out there,,
Old 07-19-2006, 09:20 PM
sl1200mk2

Default RE: airwild 29% extra or edge

The extra looks like an AMAZING plane... looks like they really put together a well thought out plane.
Old 07-20-2006, 08:29 AM
bodywerks
My Feedback: (4)

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

I assume you are talking about the 28% Extra 300? My vote was for that Extra, not the 300LX - it has to be about the ugliest plane I ever saw! Although it does fly just fine, I just don't like the looks of it, structurally or cosmetic. Just my opinion, though...
Old 07-20-2006, 11:21 AM
JerryBien

ORIGINAL: bodywerks

I assume you are talking about the 28% Extra 300? My vote was for that Extra, not the 300LX - it has to be about the ugliest plane I ever saw! Although it does fly just fine, I just don't like the looks of it, structurally or cosmetic. Just my opinion, though...

bodywerks,

We, AirWild, do not have a 28% Extra 300 nor Extra 300LX. We do however have an all composite 33% Extra 330L or the new built-up 29% Extra 260. Hopefully you guys like the looks of them.

Regards,
Jerry Bien
AirWild
Old 09-22-2006, 08:00 PM
shesha

Ehh just out of curiosity how is a poll possible without the edge still being released ?

Jerry if you dont mind I was curious, the pilots flying the edge and te extra are the same pilots ? or different, would love to know how much of a difference they felt from both planes
Old 09-28-2006, 09:34 PM
FlyrcMeredith

Jerry, I want the airwild Edge540 just wish I could have it quicker than Mid Nov. Do you think for sure you will have them ready to ship mid Nov.? and will it do me good to preorder ? I like the extra just think I can wait on the edge. At the field we have a 50cc yak and an extra 260 and I fly a 50cc ultimate. Just want to be different and light.
Old 09-28-2006, 11:36 PM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I did not vote. Why???

There's absolutely no mention of the type of flying Danny wants to do. Edge and Extra, two completely different planes in the way they fly, and are pretty much specific to their tasks.

3d, then the Edge. Precision, then the Extra. The weights, to a very large extent, won't have that much bearing on the issue once the flying regimen has been determined. Properly set up and powered, in reasonably capable hands, an onlooker won't be able to tell which one is lighter.

I fly a Sukhoi that is a couple of pounds heavier than a friends similar sized Extra. His has more power and a larger and lighter engine. Mine 3D's better, and flys precision better without as many necessary mixes. Is either one better than the other? That is wide open to arguement since both planes fly very well. It's all in the hands of the user. Literally.

Get the one you can afford that will fly in the manner that you desire to fly. You will be happy. Even more so once you learn the waythe plane flys and how to capitalize on the strengths of the plane. Getting hung up on a few ounces difference between a couple of planes is just a whole bunch of nothing.

My .02 anyway.
Old 09-29-2006, 12:24 PM
JerryBien

ORIGINAL: FlyrcMeredith

Jerry, I want the airwild Edge540 just wish I could have it quicker than Mid Nov. Do you think for sure you will have them ready to ship mid Nov.? and will it do me good to preorder ? I like the extra just think I can wait on the edge. At the field we have a 50cc yak and an extra 260 and I fly a 50cc ultimate. Just want to be different and light.
FlyrcMeredith,

The realistic schedule now for the new 29% Edge 540T is late November. We are experiencing some severe material shortage. Although our raw material supplier is working feverishly to catch up but unfortunately we are forced to realign our delivery schedule. At this time with all the information I have, end of November schedule is solid. Sorry for the wait but I believe it will be worth your while if your like Edge.

Jerry Bien
AirWild
Old 09-29-2006, 11:29 PM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If there is any carbon fiber in the plane that material shortage is well beyond severe. There is almost none availabe on the market right now. Seems just about all of it was bought up by a large manufacturing firm that will remain unnamed for now.
Old 10-01-2006, 12:43 PM
FlyrcMeredith

Thanks Jerry,
I guess that it will make it a good Christmas present. Are ya'll going to have plenty of them or should I preorder??
Old 10-01-2006, 12:48 PM
PowerPlay
My Feedback: (11)

I'd like to see an Edge fuselage combined with 260 (tapered) wings , Maybe as an option?
Old 03-20-2007, 08:11 PM
FlyrcMeredith

Just wanted to reploy and say I'm glad I waited on the edge. Having a whole lotta fun with it. Like it ,like it alot.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43487.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	646214   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu66485.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	646215