Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

need to buy a very good 50cc plane fast

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

need to buy a very good 50cc plane fast

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 02:47 PM
tiktock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need to buy a very good 50cc plane fast

hi,
i need to buy a very good 50cc plane fast. i live in India and have a shipment coming from the US in a week.
i've got a DA50 on a WH 28% edge and it fly's great. it came out at 17lb stock. as my second plane i would like to have a plans which weights around 15 to 16 lb range.
i don't really want to spend money on CF accessories to make the plane lighter. i love building so, i don't mind a kit ether.
i've made a list which i think might be good but please feel free to add.

the new wildhare extra
airwild extra
CA 26% extra builders kit
OMP hybrid 90" edge (kit)
QQ 85" yak

thanks
Old 07-21-2006, 03:23 PM
xtdsm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: need to buy a very good 50cc plane fast

QQ 85" yak gets my vote.

Old 07-21-2006, 03:38 PM
tiktock

do you think it's good idea to buy the 85" yak when QQ are planing to come out with the improved 86" yak?
Old 07-21-2006, 03:44 PM
AJT

My Airwild EXTRA 260 came in at 14.9lbs ( stock build ) No mods! I'm using a Taurus 52 with a pitts style muffler 23/8 ZAOR prop. It's a vertical missile! Floats like a feather. I will never go back to a heavier airframe. I think in time other MGF's will catch up to this standard.
Tuff choice Good Luck.
Old 07-21-2006, 11:16 PM
Bass1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Airwild Extra 260 looks real good and I would also seriously consider the Aerotech Velox Revolution II if they're available.
Old 07-22-2006, 12:32 AM
Ragz

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

why not get a comp arf 2x2m extra? i just got one...havent built it yet, but i know a bunch of people that say it flies really well with the da50.
Old 07-22-2006, 05:14 AM
closetguy
My Feedback: (13)

if you want a light on go with a QQ YAK,most come out at 15-1/2 to 16lbs. mine at 15lbs 4ozs. they are in stock now, you can't get a much better flying plane!
ENJOY!
Old 07-22-2006, 12:20 PM
tiktock

thanks for all the suggestions, it would have been nice to hear a flying report on the new WH extra. i think now it's between the QQ, WH and Airwild.
all the planes are in stock and the wildhare is the least expensive at about $ 430 then the QQ 85" yak in all white $520 and the AW extra $575
my thinking was the i quite like the new WH extra and at $100 less then everything less, i could buy CF wing tube and landing gear if i think i need to reduce weight
anyway, i appreciate all the help
Old 07-22-2006, 03:08 PM
Redneck Shaun
My Feedback: (1)

I just bought the New Wild Hare extra. I have been working on it for a couple weeks now (I don't have much time). But I can tell you that it's built great. I was flying the original extra special and loved it too, but I wanted to see what the Redesigned extra would fly like at a couple pounds lighter.I should be doene next weekend and I'll give a flight report then.
Shaun
Old 07-22-2006, 03:43 PM
shakes268

ORIGINAL: tiktock

thanks for all the suggestions, it would have been nice to hear a flying report on the new WH extra. i think now it's between the QQ, WH and Airwild.
all the planes are in stock and the wildhare is the least expensive at about $ 430 then the QQ 85" yak in all white $520 and the AW extra $575
my thinking was the i quite like the new WH extra and at $100 less then everything less, i could buy CF wing tube and landing gear if i think i need to reduce weight
anyway, i appreciate all the help
The QQ comes with a CF wing tube, tail wheel and rudder servo control horn stock. Also, titanium H-9 prolinks all around. I'd switch out the cowl and canopy hardware for 4-40 but the rest is fine.
Old 07-28-2006, 03:28 AM
tiktock

i had placed an order for the new WH28% extra but unfortunately the plane is not going to be available new and i cant wait for it.
so, as a second option i went with the CA 26% extra 330L. i love to build and hopefully it will be a nice plane to fly.
anyway, anyone flying the new CA 26% extra? how does it fly? and compare to the ARF's that where mention in the 1st post

thanks