Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

composite ARF.

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 06:45 AM
qabandi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default composite ARF.

Hello,
I want to a buy the 2.6m composite ARF but i'm torn between the extra and yak-55. Which do you think flies better?
What engine works greatest with this kind of plane without causing any problems?
Thanks
Old 08-26-2006, 09:57 AM
Mr.Extra 260
My Feedback: (11)

Default RE: composite ARF.

Get the yak if you like 3d and the extra if you are into imac. Once again every plane has its advantages. If I were you I would get the yak but yet again my opinion. Put a bme 110 in either.
Old 08-26-2006, 10:29 AM
flyinrazrback
My Feedback: (69)

I have had both, I prefer the yak for imac hands down and the extra a bit better for 3D. Both very good planes.
Old 08-26-2006, 01:02 PM
Flyjets
My Feedback: (51)

qabandi

I own both same as flyinrazrback.

Get the Yak for IMAC it's Up lines and Down lines are the same speed because of the large cowling.
3D the Yak is very nice as well.

The Extra is a Faster machine and has a sleek profile in the Air she performs Snaps a bit sharper.

Hope this helps U a bit.

Ian
Old 08-27-2006, 04:27 AM
mu2driver
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Mr.Extra 260

Get the yak if you like 3d and the extra if you are into imac. Once again every plane has its advantages. If I were you I would get the yak but yet again my opinion. Put a bme 110 in either.
Thsi statement is in reverse...but they both fly good and can perform either Imac and 3D with ease...

Old 08-27-2006, 09:32 AM
qabandi

Thanks guys for the feedback it was helpful. i went ahead and took the yak. now i'm torn between the DA100 and 3W106 for the engine they are both powerful, but which one works better with the yak and the carburator doesn't get affected by the invert and knife edges, as the yak has a large cowl opening and air fluctuation.
Old 08-27-2006, 11:41 AM
flyinrazrback
My Feedback: (69)

If you want monster power, go with the 3w 106 and a set of KS 1060 tuned pipes. Unreal power for any class of competition. No airflow problems for the carb on my 3w, just ran the vent tube off the carb back into the fuse. No baffling either, and ran pretty cool. A DA would work as wll, but if you went that route I would still do the KS 1060 pipes as the yak is a draggy airframe and needs the power IMO.