Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

what size engine????

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2003, 03:54 PM
BASHER
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default what size engine????

hi im new to this big stuff and i recently aquired a old royal corsair plane with a 104in WS fuse length is 70in. without cowl, my ? is at what weight should i be at with all servos,retracts and all other suport equipment? also whats a good engine to pull this bird around? keep in mind im not going to be racing at reno so no high performance HP NEEDED, i want something thats going to fly it scale like, but also want some umpff if needed to get out of trouble, dont want to remortgage the house either, and it does have fully functional flaps, i value all the help i can get as i want to go about this the right way, how about a zenoah z-445 twin, reason being i have access to one, thanks to all who reply, john (aka basher) p.s. i know it will be on the heavy end cause the airframe is glassed and painted