Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Carbon prepreg fans out there?

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Carbon prepreg fans out there?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 08:50 PM
Newflee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carbon prepreg fans out there?

Hi All.

Just wondering if anyone could use some carbon fiber prepreg.
This is Hexcel CF with F155 prepreg epoxy resin. 6.9 oz/m2 plain weave 12.5x12.5.
You can do a search on " Hexcel F155 Carbon fiber" to get more data but in short you will need to cure at 250 degrees F for proper cure. Not a big deal for anything you can fit in your kitchen oven but a bit more for large items.
This product is used in airbus and boeing manufacture. Weights are considered wet as the epoxy is in it but do a search if you feel like doing the calculations.
This is perfect weight for our uses IMO, a little lighter than your standard cf dry cloth used by us but a lot lighter and stronger in the cured state due to the exact proportions of matrix and carbon. Not to mention that you don't have to get all messy.
I'm not giving this stuff away but I'm open to offers on a per yard or foot basis. Roll width is 60".

Let me know via pm if you like.