Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

SD Model/TOC Extreme/TBM

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 04:10 PM
ChickenStick Rick
My Feedback: (674)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SD Model/TOC Extreme/TBM

What gives with the whole TOC Extreme/SD Model/TBM deal. Now I see that www.aerobaticmodels.com has the website back up and is importing planes again. They say they are now selling through Troy Built Models. I thought TBM was selling from SD models. It also says the planes are coming from the same plant in China. They advertise better pricing, but the only difference seems to be on the 30% planes. The others are same as always. What is Garrett's role now? This whole thing is to confusing to me. They make great planes, but who wants to deal with all the drama, not to mention who is warranting what? Anybody in the know out there?
Old 11-29-2006, 04:26 PM
Jake Ruddy
My Feedback: (40)

Default RE: SD Model/TOC Extreme/TBM

here we go again

Might as well grab some popcorn and wait for the 5 different answers that show up. I dont know why everyone is interested in this... it's like they (all companies involved) are the only plane makers out there. Too my knowledge this is the 2nd time something happened with these planes... sorry but once was enough drama for me
Old 11-30-2006, 12:07 PM
F1race79
My Feedback: (6)

Just order from Troybuilt and don't confuse yourself with issues.
Old 11-30-2006, 01:01 PM
Scoubidou
My Feedback: (17)

The only thing that did not change in that long story is the COST
Old 11-30-2006, 08:19 PM
BROKE STAB
My Feedback: (4)

You are so right.How easy they forget.
Lets see 10% off $729.00=$656.40 I believe they said 10 to 30 percent lower prices.Wait a minute I have some pictures I believe.
Here we go.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81619.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	188.6 KB
ID:	569570   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj27890.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	130.4 KB
ID:	569571   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hm23989.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	197.4 KB
ID:	569572   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fz73748.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	174.0 KB
ID:	569573  
Old 11-30-2006, 09:25 PM
Bob101

Well I emailed the person listed as sales thru the SD models website and they told me to contact Bobby at Cactus Aviation to buy SD models that were already in the US.....
Old 11-30-2006, 10:08 PM
ChickenStick Rick

Oh what tangled webs we weave when we try to deceive!!!!!!!!! My money will go elsewhere.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:35 AM
adrian-RCU

stop being confused - give Gene Pason at TBM a call - he is a stand up guy - we all trust him in the hobby - i have dealt with him for a long time - straight up!!!!
Old 12-01-2006, 02:12 PM
Bob101

ORIGINAL: adrian-RCU

stop being confused - give Gene Pason at TBM a call - he is a stand up guy - we all trust him in the hobby - i have dealt with him for a long time - straight up!!!!

Well I emailed TBM when I emailed SD about them a well - trying to find out info on the 33% Extra. The email to SD came back and said to contact Cactus Aviation. The one to TBM was never answered - or hasn't been so far.
Old 12-01-2006, 06:42 PM
cbk07
My Feedback: (64)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

ORIGINAL: Bob101

ORIGINAL: adrian-RCU

Well I emailed TBM when I emailed SD about them a well - trying to find out info on the 33% Extra. The email to SD came back and said to contact Cactus Aviation. The one to TBM was never answered - or hasn't been so far.

If you are in a hurry to get an answer, pick up the phone and call TBM during their business hours. I know Gene was on vacation last week leaving Bill to answer the phones. Unfortunately, Bill had a mild heart attack last week and ended up in the hospital. I am guessing they are more than a little busy playing catch up. If the answer is critical to you, my bet is that someone there on the phone could help. Craig
Old 12-01-2006, 09:53 PM
cliff600
My Feedback: (3)

Maybe it's just me [sm=50_50.gif] I have a 35% yak aviation models or TOC or whatever you want the name to be. I LOVE this plane, I would not hesitate to buy another one anytime, as far as from where well where ever I could find it. I am sure that the quality has not changed. Other than that just let it go. Go buy a different brand if this scares you soo much anyhow that is just my two cents worth
Old 12-02-2006, 06:56 PM
Taildragger726

Ha !! I have two airplanes that shipped friday! Hope they will be here soon !! (Thanks to Bill at TBM)
Old 12-02-2006, 10:06 PM
micp

I agree with Cliff600. If you are uncomfortable with the transition at SD then buy something else. I have concerns about availibility of parts but that could be said for any manufactuer as most don't keep alot of parts on hand.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:08 AM
hanko

Does anybody have an opinion concerning Aeroworks versus SD in quality, durability, over all which is the better model

Henry haigh
Old 02-02-2007, 11:23 AM
profile540

looks like chiefaircraft has the best price out of everybody.....................
Old 02-02-2007, 08:52 PM
crazyjoseph

sd
Old 02-02-2007, 09:24 PM
shakes268

ORIGINAL: profile540

looks like chiefaircraft has the best price out of everybody.....................
THere's a reason for that I think. Not certain, but just recall some posts a while back.
Old 02-02-2007, 09:51 PM
bonedaddy41
My Feedback: (2)

Ok. You want the real story? There is no drama .. other than what happens to 100's of small businesses every year in every industry.

SD Models in China is the manufacturer of the ARFs. They always have been .. no matter what name you want to call them. TOC, Aviation Models, TOC Extreme, etc etc etc. They are the same planes. TOC/AM/TOCX was the importers for SD Models (there may have been others - but I'm not aware of them). TBM, Cactus and Chief were/are distriutors/resellers of the TOC/AV/TOCX imports of SD Models. The only thing that has changed is - TOC/TOCX/AM had some internal issues and split the blanket between partners.

TBM may be importing them straight from SD now ... or they may still be resellers from the TOC/TOCX/AM warehouse ... which sounds more fitting based on the TOCX website saying "call TBM". Knowing that, I would assume Chief and Cactus are still resellers from the same TOCX warehouse.

No matter where you buy them, they are the same planes ... and still the best quality I have seen in an ARF. It just depends on who has the color scheme you want or the price you want. I have dealt with TBM for years ... and as was mentioned earlier ... Gene and Bill are both GREAT and will bend over backwards to get AND KEEP your business. Cactus is also a great shop to deal with. I dealt with Aviation Models before their breakup .. and they were a good company also. I won't discuss my dealings with the other one
Old 02-03-2007, 02:43 AM
crazyjoseph

bonedaddy has got it right call gene and get one coming read all the threads you wont find anyone that doesnt love their planes myself included
Old 02-03-2007, 10:58 AM
RCJ3COOLLJ

Hey BODYFAG or what ever you call yourself. I have been reading your posts for awhile and finally have registered and need to voice my 2 cents worth. You seem to be full of alot of hot air with alot of misconceptions about RC piloting. You must be one of those airline pilots that have that big fly me buttons and have forgotten how to actually use the stick and rudder. Have I hit the nail on the head?

Sincerly,

Mr. COOL LJ
Old 02-03-2007, 11:29 AM
ChickenStick Rick

Since when is this a place for BASHING other's opinion. The last time that happened I believe Hitler was in power and we know how he operated. Is that what we want here? I do not think so.

Lets keep it clean and if you disagree w/ someone there is no need to bash them. Just state your own opinion and why you think it is right.

Hey moderator, how about pulling the last post.
Old 02-03-2007, 11:30 AM
bonedaddy41
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: RCJ3COOLLJ

Hey BODYFAG or what ever you call yourself. I have been reading your posts for awhile and finally have registered and need to voice my 2 cents worth. You seem to be full of alot of hot air with alot of misconceptions about RC piloting. You must be one of those airline pilots that have that big fly me buttons and have forgotten how to actually use the stick and rudder. Have I hit the nail on the head?

Sincerly,

Mr. COOL LJ
Mr. COOL BJ,

BODYFAG? Are you stoned or something? If you registered just to post crap like this ... you need a life. I see 3 people in this thread that even have a name that starts with 'B' (one being myself) ... and none come close to BODYFAG. Why don;t you go back to your hole and play with your marbles.
Old 02-03-2007, 01:55 PM
Taildragger726

Old 02-03-2007, 02:12 PM
bodywerks
My Feedback: (4)

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

ORIGINAL: RCJ3COOLLJ

Sincerly,

Mr. COOL LJ
Hmmm...you must have been pondering what to say for so long and finally thought you had something clever to say, so you figured out how to operate a computer and come onto the internet and log in? Apparently, it took all the smarts you have because I just saw you copy and paste this exact statement in the Aeroworks forums - how origional. What's even funnier is I haven't even posted anything on this thread until now!
If you wish to continue to make a fool of yourself, I frequent www.flyinggiants.com, www.teamflyingcirkus.com, and www.rcgroups.com - the 3D forum, as well. Feel free to copy and paste all you want. See if I care. See how well it goes over. I have ZERO need to justify my flying ability or modeling experience to you. I would definitely like to know how I struck such a nerve with you, though...might get a laugh out of it.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:46 AM
Scoubidou
My Feedback: (17)

The story continue. After couples of month under SD-models name, now they switched to TOX-Xtreme[sm=72_72.gif]

TOC-Xtreme now imports SD-Model planes
SD-Models planes were imported by Aviation Models, TOC1 and Extreme Flight. TOC-Xtreme is now importing SD-Models planes with improvements. These improvements were requested by TOC-Xtreme, and are available only on TOC-Xtreme airplanes. These improvements include the canopies being glued to the hatches, the firewalls being installed, hinged being installed and more to come. TBM will be purchasing SD-Models planes with these improvements from TOC-Xtreme for the foreseeable future.

TBM feels that these are currently the best airplanes in the world. They have the best combination of price, wing loading, power to weight, flight characteristics, durability, ease of construction, value, quality, workmanship, design, inventory/availability, selection, spare parts, hardware, and tech support. While their competitors may have an edge in one area or another, all in all, I feel that these planes are the best buy when all aspects are considered. SD-Model is committed to improvements in every aspect mentioned above. TBM and other retailers are providing feedback back to SD-Model for improvements which are being made on an ongoing basis. Each batch of airplanes are better than the last. Constant improvements are the nature of SD-Model. You can buy with confidence that these planes will be available for years to come and that you will be getting the best buy in a giant scale model airplane.

http://www.troybuiltmodels.com/AMY54.htm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.