Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Wiring issues,

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 04:37 AM
AussiePilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring issues,

Hi gus im just enquiring before i start my build of 540edge BY PA, im going to be running4 hitec 59585 digi servo's and 1 5955tg on my rudder with a da 50cc motor now for my electron im thinking of using smart fly Super switch, adjustable regulator and a power expander and an optical kill switch, now i have nver usd smart fly before I have always used the sc12 with duralites but i want to try something different,
but i got no idea how to wire it up could u guys please help me.???
would be very much appreciated
steve
Old 01-09-2007, 07:40 AM
bubbagates
My Feedback: (32)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Wiring issues,

Steve,

I use Smart-Fly and Fromeco on everything I do and I think this is what I would do in your case starting from the battery.

You will need deans connectors on everything since that is what the Super Regulator and Power Xpander use

4800Mah with deans connector
Heavy Duty switch. I personally use Fromecos Badger switches with Deans connectors
Smart-Fly Super Regulator
Smart-Fly Power Xpander

Connect the receiver to the power xpander then connect the servos to the xpander.

The Cutoff goes in line between the ignition switch and ignition. DA should have given you an extra Powerpole connector. You will need to use this on the ignition side of the cutoff switch. Once it's all hooked up, plug the other side of the cutroff into a channel on the receiver that can be assigned to a switch, like the gear switch, which will then allow you to turn it on and off.

So for the cutout, it's wired like this:

ignition battery, ignition side of the cutoff, ignition box. Now connect the optical cable to the receiver side of the cutoff and plug the receiver side into the switched channel.

There used to be a document on Smart-Fly's web site that showed several ways to wire everything
Old 01-09-2007, 12:07 PM
shakes268

I second what Buggagates posted. You can order Fromeco specifically wired with deans or wire them up yourself. I ordered mine with the heavier gauge wire and deans prewired. I also used the Fromeco badger switches with deans connectors. The SmartFly switches though use deans I believe but one thing to note is that you can get a switch that plugs directly into the power expander.

The only thing I had to wire myself was an adapter for the optical ignition kill to the ignition unit.

Give Smart-Fly a call, Bob Ritchey is a super nice guy and will guide you through what you need. Listen to him, he knows what he's talking about.

Old 01-10-2007, 03:13 AM
AussiePilot

bubba, thanks so much but i sorta already figured that though im just curious where does the regulator fit in.??
Old 01-10-2007, 08:32 AM
bubbagates
My Feedback: (32)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It goes between the switch and Power Expander