Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Powerbox or 2 Recievers?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 11:19 PM
Ryan Nau
My Feedback: (54)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Powerbox or 2 Recievers?

Im trying to decide if I want to get a powerbox 40/24 or just go with 2 recievers and regulators. I just got an almost RTF 3.3 Yak, and working on setting it up. In the past I used the two reciever setup in my 40%ers and it always worked out good. I still might do this with the Yak, but he had a powerbox with it before. I never used one. It has duralite 4000 batteries so if I don't use the powerbox I'll have to buy regulators, but the powerbox already has that covered with the regulators. With the switch that comes with the powerbox can you charge the batteries right from that with a duralite charger? Think I will go with the powerbox with this one.. I cant wait to fly this monster!
Old 02-13-2007, 12:03 AM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Powerbox or 2 Recievers?

You answered your own question but I have to agree with you.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:01 AM
at6texant

Hey Ryan, what's going on? Missed you and your father at the IMAC events this year. You remember me and Justin? Anyway send me an e-mail with your address and I will write back to you about the powerbox. I am getting another one for Justins second plane. Write me at [email protected]. Hope to hear from you soon. Tell your dad we said hi.
Dave
Old 02-13-2007, 10:07 AM
SoCalSal
My Feedback: (16)

ORIGINAL: Ryan Nau

Im trying to decide if I want to get a powerbox 40/24 or just go with 2 recievers and regulators. I just got an almost RTF 3.3 Yak, and working on setting it up. In the past I used the two reciever setup in my 40%ers and it always worked out good. I still might do this with the Yak, but he had a powerbox with it before. I never used one. It has duralite 4000 batteries so if I don't use the powerbox I'll have to buy regulators, but the powerbox already has that covered with the regulators. With the switch that comes with the powerbox can you charge the batteries right from that with a duralite charger? Think I will go with the powerbox with this one.. I cant wait to fly this monster!
I have been useing a PowerBox on my Waco. I also use DuraLite Batts. (twin 2900's) You can charge the batts. with the Duralite charger without disconnecting the batts. from the power box as Duralites have a seperate charging wire on them. I charge mine with a Hobbico Elite charger. If you decide to just go with your twin reciver set-up you can buy a PowerBox lead that has the MPX to deans connector all made up. This lead will plug into a PowerBox switch that regulates the voltage to 6volts . This way you just plug in the batts to the switch then the other end to the reciver, I use this set-up on my ignition switch as my engine computer is designed to run 4.8-6.0 volts.

Steve
Old 02-13-2007, 10:54 AM
Ryan Nau
My Feedback: (54)

ORIGINAL: at6texant

Hey Ryan, what's going on? Missed you and your father at the IMAC events this year. You remember me and Justin? Anyway send me an e-mail with your address and I will write back to you about the powerbox. I am getting another one for Justins second plane. Write me at [email protected]. Hope to hear from you soon. Tell your dad we said hi.
Dave

Hey Dave, Yeah I didn't get to any IMAC events last year cause I was working on the weekend shift and had no vacation since I just started then last year. I am on weekday shift now so i'm planning on going to them this year!! My dad is working on a DA 50 Yak 54 so he might be flying at one or two this year. Are you's going to the indoor electric in March?? I'll email you soon
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94662.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	620571   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf12626.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	620572