Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Extreme Flight 88" Yak - Build and Fly

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Extreme Flight 88" Yak - Build and Fly

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 07:36 PM
Scott Ellingson
My Feedback: (146)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Extreme Flight 88" Yak - Build and Fly

Well the tail is hinged and the control arms are glued in. I just had to put the decals on right away too. Bad Brad made them up for me and I love them. Next find the time to do the wings and then install radio gear. My wife will be very happy when this thing is off on my entertainment senter. It is just too dusty in the shop for it
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh16932.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	136.5 KB
ID:	702886  
Old 06-12-2007, 07:56 PM
Mokken
My Feedback: (63)

ORIGINAL: diamondave

not much progress yet, will keep you all up to date, i know you are losing sleep over my yak build
i did just realize my 24-8 i ordered is a narrow blade, i didnt notice that when ordering, i think wide blades are better for 3d, like 18-6w for 160's, but i will try this one because i was thinking since i went with a 24 instead of a 23, maybe the narrowness of it will help it spool up quicker and not be too much load for the motor, its a zdz60 to refresh your memory...
I have not slept in anticipation of your YAK build. Hurry up already..
Old 06-12-2007, 08:03 PM
Richard D Bahmann aka/Wrongway
My Feedback: (42)

Sombody brew some coffee
Old 06-12-2007, 08:17 PM
krayzc-RCU
My Feedback: (31)

Scott the graphics look great
Old 06-12-2007, 09:00 PM
Scott Ellingson

When I first got the plane I was wishing I had picked the Red/White one. Once I put the graphis on I was glad I got the YelloW/Black one. Now I need to get a mini graphic kit for the 47" I have
Old 06-12-2007, 10:14 PM
xtraflyr
My Feedback: (11)

ORIGINAL: Scott Ellingson

When I first got the plane I was wishing I had picked the Red/White one. Once I put the graphis on I was glad I got the YelloW/Black one. Now I need to get a mini graphic kit for the 47" I have
Hey Scott looks very nice. I got graphics from Brad also. He did them for my 74" Yak. Im gonna have him make the same ones for this one. So now I'll have a set of twins. Not identical ones though. This one isnt goin to say powered by OS...

Its gonna take me a couple more weekends before mine is ready. Dad is goin in to have some cancer removed from his prostate (SP?) Friday Morning.. And I need to get the Tuned Pipe for it..
Old 06-13-2007, 12:03 AM
bgold

About a week ago I ask for help with a DA that would only run 3 - 5 seconds and then die. I got lots of good ideas and tried everyone of them to no avail. So Monday, yesterday I sent the engine to DA, next day air. I got a call from them today and in the process of putting the throttle linkage from the left to the right side I had taken the butterfly plate off and then put in on backwards. So that's one to add to the list of why the enging only runs a few seconds. DA said they are shipping it back today UPS Red so I should have it by 10:30 am tomorrow, not bad. Monday to Wednesday, I've always heard DA had great service, now I know.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:00 AM
diamondave
My Feedback: (29)

i may have to get some graphics from someone too
Old 06-13-2007, 01:52 AM
Spectre1

ORIGINAL: Scott Ellingson

Well the tail is hinged and the control arms are glued in. I just had to put the decals on right away too. Bad Brad made them up for me and I love them. Next find the time to do the wings and then install radio gear. My wife will be very happy when this thing is off on my entertainment senter. It is just too dusty in the shop for it
Looks Great Scott, I might have to hit up Bad Brad and plagerize your grapix..... ohhh I forgot to ask....... much do they weigh???? (JK)
BTW..good talking to you today, hey right after I got off the phone with you lightning hit a tree in my neigbors yard and knocked the top off the friggin thing.... you gotta love Florida weather..... So anyway put my 60 on the board brother!
TTL
Spectre
Old 06-13-2007, 04:20 AM
JagBone

Great Scott! Great lookin' graphics!!

I received my B & Y yesterday. All intact thank goodness! Now I understand why all the YAK-YAK about the size of the cowling!
Should get my 5985's and rudder's -5955 today Fed Ex.
Going to have to get this thing (landing) geared up so I can hang the monster out of the way on the wall and off the floor!
Old 06-13-2007, 07:03 PM
diamondave

where do i get info on graphics??
Old 06-13-2007, 07:08 PM
Scott Ellingson

This guy is good. http://www.badbradgraphics.com/
Old 06-13-2007, 08:06 PM
AirWizard
My Feedback: (3)

I have ordered several graphic sets from Brad and he always comes through with some cool ideas.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:11 PM
dimany0927
My Feedback: (4)

I did finally build the Yak seat for a long time and one thought comes to my mind.
Wing area (1450 sq. in) is that just wing or that include square of fuselage projection?
The fuselage is huge I would say the square of projection is 1/3 of wing square at least.
That would lower wing loading.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:52 PM
AirWizard
My Feedback: (3)

My understanding is that all manufactures include the fuse area of the wing.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:01 PM
thomasf
My Feedback: (1)

I also bought graphics from BadBrad. I think the package deal he has to offer has alot of credit to go to JoseyWhales and Brad. When I called him I told him I wanted the same graphics that joseywhales has and he hooked me, Looks like the same graphics that scott has. So just give him a call( make sure you have time cause he's a talker) and he will hook you up as well.
Old 06-14-2007, 01:52 AM
diamondave

cool, i will look into it, thanks, i do like the "traditional" way yak54 is written, but i also like the simpler way chris has it on the side of his fuse
Old 06-14-2007, 02:01 AM
Scott Ellingson

I allways hear from the "Kit Guys" that they do not like Arfs because they are all the same. They want somthing different. Just take a look at all of these arf Yaks on here. Not a one is the same. They all have thier own special flare. No 2 will look or weigh the same. The good part is they should all fly basicly the same, Very Well. I have had a few people ask why Chris does not include a decal kit. I am glad he doesn't. If he would have I may have just taken the easy way out, and used it. Now I have a plane I will be proud to show off. I can not wait until it is done and in the air !!![:@]
Old 06-14-2007, 06:08 AM
Josey Wales
My Feedback: (61)

ORIGINAL: thomasf

I also bought graphics from BadBrad. I think the package deal he has to offer has alot of credit to go to JoseyWhales and Brad. When I called him I told him I wanted the same graphics that joseywhales has and he hooked me, Looks like the same graphics that scott has. So just give him a call( make sure you have time cause he's a talker) and he will hook you up as well.
Thanks!

It was great working with Brad..I just had an idea of what I wanted and a few emails later...it was done!

Oh and dont forget Maudib!! I have some of his work on my Yak as well...Also quality stuff and at a great price!
Old 06-14-2007, 07:09 AM
Absolut Yak
My Feedback: (4)

One of my club members has Bad Brad on his Deitrich Extra and it looks great. I have graphics from Maudib on mine and I love it! You can't go wrong.

Doug
Old 06-14-2007, 07:39 AM
diamondave

havent heard from maubib in a while...iwas thinking of him for graphics also, how about yakermister? i love yaks and jager, know one is german and one is russian, but its kinda catchy, either for me or the plane, my wife thinks some kind of superbee logo would be cool, she wants something like that for her bike also, she has a yellow suzuki 200 dual sport, when we trail ride she has a yellow/black helmet, and a yellow/black jacket, her friend said she looks like a bumble bee, i like the old mopar superbee's, so something with that could be cool too
Old 06-14-2007, 03:24 PM
EXTREME FLIGHT

A quick stock update: We have one red and one solid white 88 inch Yak left.
Next shipment is due late July/early August.
Old 06-14-2007, 03:25 PM
Purple Bird
My Feedback: (24)

Hey Chris,

I got my 88 yellow and black Yak and it looks great. Congrats on the extensive effort put forth on getting the product to the consumer in perfect condition. Coming from China that can't be an easy feat!!!

Is there any way you could post some pics of your prototype 100cc Yak? I would love to check out the size on that bad boy and have it be my first 100cc plane when they are in production...

Thanks,

Brad
Old 06-14-2007, 03:46 PM
cadconversions
My Feedback: (21)

ORIGINAL: Purple Bird

Hey Chris,

I got my 88 yellow and black Yak and it looks great. Congrats on the extensive effort put forth on getting the product to the consumer in perfect condition. Coming from China that can't be an easy feat!!!

Is there any way you could post some pics of your prototype 100cc Yak? I would love to check out the size on that bad boy and have it be my first 100cc plane when they are in production...

Thanks,

Brad

Yes please, but be sure the 88" yak is in the picture so we can get a good size comparision.
Old 06-14-2007, 03:51 PM
krayzc-RCU
My Feedback: (31)

he may hold off until its out so that everyone else doesn't change their yak up and try to beat him to market.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.