Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Composite Arf

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 05:49 PM
kevod
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Composite Arf

Hey All,

I just wanted to give a big thank you to Composite Arf and there reps.

I had a mid-air with my 2.3 meter Extra this last Sunday and I have an IMAC competition coming up this next weekend.
I had only been flying this airplane for 2 weekends for a total of about 10 flights before the mid-air.

The cowling was pretty badly damaged and the canopy was a write off, other than that it is all easily repairable.

A friend of mine called Andy Kane right away (even though it was on a Sunday) expecting to get voicemail, but to our surprise he answered the phone and took down my information.
Andy contacted me back Monday morning letting me know that he had the parts that I needed in stock, so I ordered them.
I recieved the parts today, and they are in excellent condition and should be able to have the plane back to almost new condition for the IMAC competition this weekend.

Once again I wanted to thank Composite Arf and their reps (especially Andy Kane) for the excellent and prompt customer service.

--
Kevod
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw69130.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	646855   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa85904.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	128.7 KB
ID:	646856   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yd83884.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	113.6 KB
ID:	646857  
Old 03-21-2007, 06:46 PM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Composite Arf

I've had service on a similar level from Darcy Wingo. The man went out of his way managing what needed to be done to complete the transaction to a third party delivery address. Others did not, and would not, have done nearly as well.

Glad to see ya back in the air.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:36 PM
bubbagates
My Feedback: (32)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Same here with Darcy...Excellent service. I've heard simliar stories about Andy as well.

For having a mid air that took it pretty well

I absolutely love mine. nothing was bolted together is this pic. It was right after the maiden and I had already taken it apart as you can see in the pic the storm clouds were on the way plus I replaced the tail wheel with a taller one.

I'm hooked on C-Arf. My fleet will slowly be replaced by them and a couple of "bunny" planes that C-Arf does not do like a nice big Edge and Sukhoi

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om32919.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	646996  
Old 03-29-2007, 05:46 AM
Miketc

Nice to see there is service out there. I have just ordered my 2.3 today, it will be in Kuwait in a week or two.
Would you gets mind telling me what your set up is!
I was looking to run the DA 50 with a canister muffler, any comments would be appreciated.

Mike
Old 03-29-2007, 06:59 AM
bubbagates
My Feedback: (32)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mike,

Mine is using the DA50 on the MTW75 can that they recommend. All servos are 8611a's. I used SWB arms all around on the servos. I'm at 18.5lbs it it flies like it weighs 14lbs. It suffers in pulling out of a hover but that is the only place it suffers. Mine is basically setup just like the manual with a few minor differences for balance.

I'm having throttle servo issues right now (I do not have the engine completely tuned and it ate the throttle servo on the 4th flight and the second one 2 minutes into the 5th flight. I have the servo mounted as and where they suggested but I am certain I am getting too much vibration. Thank goodness for optical kills. That save me both times

I know of another one using a Brison3.2 at 19lbs and flies the same as mine

I'm hooked on the Comp-Arf line. You definitely pay more but I'll tell you this, put the plane right where you want it and it stays right there. Even at the weight I'm at, no bad habits at all. There are others that are stuffing 75cc and 80cc engines in this plane and coming out at 22lbs but are complaining at all about the wing loading.

We actually had someone come the the field the other day with a brand new BME 115 and we put it on top of the cowl of the 2.3 and it would just fit without doing any cutouts, maybe, we thought about it and decided the firewall would not last long.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:07 PM
Miketc

Thanks for the input. I need to choose another engine, I want power to pull out of a hover. Most of the guys here are running the ZDZ 80 up front.