Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

84" Lazy ace... I'm confused

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

84" Lazy ace... I'm confused

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2003, 08:46 PM
bkyser
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 84" Lazy ace... I'm confused

I posted this in scratch builders forum and got no replies. Hopefully this is the right forum.

I have a question about the plans. I have my balsa on order, and have read through the instrux a few times ( 84" Lazy Ace) I think I may be missing something. I got the plans right from Chuck Cunningham, so I kind of figured they should all be there.

Anyway, in reading the instrux, he says that there is dihedral in the lower wing, and talks about the dihedral braces. I don't see any in the templates, and I don't see them on the plans. I also don't have anything that shows bulkheads for the main part of the fuse. I do have templates for the turtle deck.

Am I missing a page on the plans, or am I just not getting what he's talking about?

Thanks for reading my "stupid" questions, and for any guidance.

Bob
Old 02-20-2003, 12:27 PM
beepee

Bob,

I have built one of Chuck's designs (the 84" Turbulent) and don't remember that being a problem. It should not be hard, though, to create your own template knowing the dihedral angle and brace length (length should show in the wing plan view).

Good luck!

Bedford
Old 02-20-2003, 02:18 PM
bkyser

I guess my main question is. Do you remember having templates for the formers and for the dihedral braces? The way I see it is, if I paid for complete plans, I should get them. If I am missing where they are on the plans, I need help finding them.

Any further help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Bob
Old 02-20-2003, 02:59 PM
G.F. Reid

You might check with some of the guys in the "Cunningham Lazy Ace" thread below this one in the same forum. If the 84 incher is just a blowup, surely some of those guys have the plans and can tell you what you may be missing.
Old 05-10-2003, 01:00 AM
mbiedul
My Feedback: (3)

Default formers

The Lazy Ace plans show no formers in the normal sense. There are boxes made up of balsa planks overlapping each other, then a half-round sort of former perched on the box to support the top stringers. Works fine, and is plenty strong, just sort of confusing on the plans. You aren't missing a sheet. Look carefully for the four popsicle sticks making a "former" rectangle......with a big rectangular hole in the middle! The fuselage is actually very sturdy. -Mike
Old 05-10-2003, 02:13 AM
LaserTank

I have the RCM set of plans 706 and it shows a dihedral brace template located under the top view of the wings assembly drawing. Shows around 1/16" rise on one side. Looks almost like a rectangle at a glance because of the slight rise.
Kyle