Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

DAWG House RC - 87" YAK

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 11:29 AM
Mokken
My Feedback: (63)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DAWG House RC - 87" YAK

WOW...

http://www.dawghouserc.com/proddetai...d=50ccaircraft

Old 05-08-2007, 11:46 AM
KevinS
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: DAWG House RC - 87" YAK

I think that is only 50% of the full price. You will still have to pay another $275 when the plane comes. Quote from the site: "we are taking 50% deposits ($275.00 refundable)"
Old 05-08-2007, 11:49 AM
Mokken

ORIGINAL: KevinS

I think that is only 50% of the full price. You will still have to pay another $275 when the plane comes. Quote from the site: "we are taking 50% deposits ($275.00 refundable)"
OH...

He should just list the full price...that's silly.
Old 05-08-2007, 12:41 PM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The manufacturer expalined it quite accurately in the paragraph above the price. There is nothing hidden, nor is there any failure to disclose. The manufacturer is accepting fully refundable deposits for pre orders in the amount of 50% of the product price. This permits the manufacturer to better gauge how many planes to produce, and to determine if an ealy second production run will be needed to fill customer demand. Containers only hold so many boxes and a second may be needed to make everyone happy.

Do a search in this forum for a 50cc Yak 55 SP and you'll find out a lot more. The price of the plane is good, but the price of a full package deal, with engine, hardware, prop, and spinner will knock your socks off. A super good deal!! It's also the only 50cc Yak 55 sp that will be on the market for the near future, so you'll be the only one at the field that has one. I'm on the list for one myself. It's a perfect addition to go along with my 2.6 meter Yak, upcomeing 50cc Sukhoi, and it's not another damn Yak 54.

There's a lesson there in reading everything. Don't just look at a number and go, wow!, but read all the information to be better informed. It's all there and very easy to find.
Old 05-08-2007, 12:54 PM
Mokken

ORIGINAL: Silversurfer

The manufacturer expalined it quite accurately in the paragraph above the price. There is nothing hidden, nor is there any failure to disclose. The manufacturer is accepting fully refundable deposits for pre orders in the amount of 50% of the product price. This permits the manufacturer to better gauge how many planes to produce, and to determine if an ealy second production run will be needed to fill customer demand. Containers only hold so many boxes and a second may be needed to make everyone happy.

Do a search in this forum for a 50cc Yak 55 SP and you'll find out a lot more. The price of the plane is good, but the price of a full package deal, with engine, hardware, prop, and spinner will knock your socks off. A super good deal!! It's also the only 50cc Yak 55 sp that will be on the market for the near future, so you'll be the only one at the field that has one. I'm on the list for one myself. It's a perfect addition to go along with my 2.6 meter Yak, upcomeing 50cc Sukhoi, and it's not another damn Yak 54.

There's a lesson there in reading everything. Don't just look at a number and go, wow!, but read all the information to be better informed. It's all there and very easy to find.
That's cool bro, no feathers ruffled here..

I just saw $275, and I'm sure others see the same thing, just don't see too many sites listing the buy price as the deposit. You have to admit it's pretty easy to get confused.
Old 05-08-2007, 02:28 PM
hvac
My Feedback: (7)

i flew the prototype this past weekend at the Clinton, IN IMAC event. It is one sweet flying airplane. flew it with the 3mm motor and a 22b vess prop. perfect combination. this is one nice combo that noboby can beat price wise. i just started flying in IMAC and had not flown this plane before the contest. could have won basic but had a couple bad rounds. the quality of the plane is top notch. nobody comes close for the price. the only ones that are similar in quality cost over $600 and even those dont include some of what comes with the dawghouserc 55sp.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fc90209.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	680359  
Old 05-10-2007, 10:20 AM
t_driver
My Feedback: (43)

i flew the prototype this past weekend at the Clinton, IN IMAC event. It is one sweet flying airplane. flew it with the 3mm motor and a 22b vess prop. perfect combination. this is one nice combo that noboby can beat price wise. i just started flying in IMAC and had not flown this plane before the contest. could have won basic but had a couple bad rounds. the quality of the plane is top notch. nobody comes close for the price. the only ones that are similar in quality cost over $600 and even those dont include some of what comes with the dawghouserc 55sp.
The yak looked very nice i seen it in Clinton and it looked like it flys very will. The motor has no trouble at alll pulling this plane around .All and all i think it will be a great deal good luck with it ..Terry

Is this the plane you are bring to Wheeler this weekend to fly with us?
Old 05-10-2007, 12:35 PM
hvac
My Feedback: (7)

yes, we will have the Yak 55sp with us and hopefully the other prototype, the Yak 54 as well. we took the 54 to Clinton and maidened it on friday. small problem prevented flying in competition. should have it ready for this weekend. thanks for the positive comments Terry. see you this weekend.
Old 01-01-2009, 08:11 PM
mandtra
My Feedback: (29)

Any new info on these planes? any videos?
Old 01-02-2009, 12:43 PM
mandtra
My Feedback: (29)

anyone?
Old 01-02-2009, 01:32 PM
frieshoo
My Feedback: (20)

I have the dawghouse 55sp.
My setup is:
DL50 w/Vess 23a
5x Hitec HS-985 servos
1x 2300mah A123 for the RX
1x 1650mah Nimh for the ignition
1x JR790 RX
2x JR Heavy duty switches.
No spinner
using supplied wheel pant.

Total weight ready to fly 16lb 9oz.

Hardware with the kit is good.
Replaced all 3mm/4mm/5mm/6mm screws with socket head screws from McMaster Carr

Used the supplied fuel tank, wheels, wheel collars, control horns, and servo arms.

Mount the supplied servo arms to the hitec red cross arm. Fit's perfect.

Flight Report:
My only compliant is the wing rock during upright harriers. I'm using 35% spoilers to dampen some the rock.

Inverted Harrier: A
Hover: A+
Torque Rolling: A+
Rollers of any kind: A
Knife Edge: Solid A. Mine pulls to the gear, about 3% up elevator is all you need for straight line knife edge. I don't mix, just fly throught it with no problem.
High Alpha Knife Edge: Again A. Pulls to the gear a little harder at very slow, nose high knife edge. Again, I just fly through it.

The Yak doesn't tumble or waterfall like my Edge, but it looks real smooth flipping over into an inverted harrier, and then transitioning to a roller... It looks real good in the air.

I don't fly IMAC, but in the right hands the Yak 55 would be awesome.

No video, but there are several good ones on YouTube of this plane.
Old 01-04-2009, 01:48 PM
tlandon
My Feedback: (15)

ORIGINAL: mandtra

Any new info on these planes? any videos?
Video is on the website, www.dawghouserc.net
Old 07-01-2014, 02:55 PM
fc227

Greetings,

I know this is an old thread, But I was looking for a right wing (blue if Possiable) that someone may have that they no longer want.