Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Spectrum with "giant scale"

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Spectrum with "giant scale"

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 10:25 PM
pizza
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Spectrum with "giant scale"

about 35 flights on my dx7 da100 ca yak no probs I am use to digital throttle now. except some time it wont hook up on first switch on. I always turn trans on first wait a few seconds then turn on receiver watch both lights go on but sometime nothing moves with both lights on. I have to swith off receiver and back on then it always hooks up on second try instant. using 2 batts/switches into one receiver I have tried switching on pack #2 first or both at same time - still have the prob. I have never had a single glitch or prob during flight or on ground once it is hooked up. one time I noticed the left elevator came up to center at turn on then the right elev came up to match after 2 seconds they are on separate channels. I swithched off both packs to receiver then turned back on they came up instant and matched. ow well if I crash I can blame it on system prob and not pilot error. or is it still pilot error when you think something might be wrong but fly anyway?
Old 05-17-2007, 10:39 PM
rmh

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

put in a pair of low impedance 5 cell batteries -
give your four cell setups to Ed or the Salvation Army .
I bet you are getting a instant sudden droop below necessary rx voltage
Old 05-17-2007, 11:09 PM
yarom
My Feedback: (82)

Anybody using the AR9000 receiver - I have a couple questions:

Does the external antenna need to be connected to one particular side or any side would do?

Can I connect my second power input to the data port? Assuming one goes into he battery socket, can I plug the second one into the input marked data?

Thanks.
Old 05-20-2007, 03:07 PM
pizza
My Feedback: (24)

5 flights this am, I switched on both packs simultaneous hooked up instant each time, then switched off then back on pack/switch #1 then #2 to test each side this will be my permanent turn on routine.
Old 05-20-2007, 04:32 PM
rmh

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

uh oh
Old 05-31-2007, 09:23 PM
RobT
My Feedback: (17)

No updates?
Old 06-01-2007, 08:30 AM
DadsToysBG
My Feedback: (35)

Using the AR9000 in two of my planes one is a H-9 Ulyimate and the other in a Bob Truworthy 35% Pitts. Put the second receiver on the side of the planes with double sided tape. Both planes got over 200ft on the range test. Best move i has ever made. Using a JR 10X. Dennis
Old 06-01-2007, 10:07 AM
RobT

Yamron I believe you an plug it into either side, and Danny from JR told me you could plug a battery into the data port but I have not tried it yet.

Thank you Dennis. How many flights so far?
Old 06-01-2007, 12:34 PM
DadsToysBG

I think 7 flights on both planes. Got the 9ch receivers in today so now I can change over two more planes. That will be all for me. When I binded mine. I put the bind plug into the battery port and the battery anywhere. As i did the change over I went one plug at a time until all were changed over. One thing to remember. Make sure the radio is on PPM, turn on the receiver hold the bind button on the module and turn on the radio and watch the majic happen. When all the lights are solid on the receiver, your done. Also the 9000 has model match. We tested it by changing the model on the radio and nothing would work on the plane. Dennis
Old 06-01-2007, 05:23 PM
flyinrazrback
My Feedback: (69)

I have about 35 flights on mine (JR 9303 converted) in my 42% Dalton. Still rock solid, glad I made the switch.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:16 PM
RobT

Thanks guys Sounds good. Does anyone have their second battery going into the "data" port?

Keep the stories coming!
Old 06-01-2007, 08:51 PM
sweetpea01
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just hooked up the module JR10x in a friends plane.

WH 40% Extra with a smartfly EQ10. Didn't hook up a battery in the data port though. I did snag one of his mini rx's from his DX-7 that was in the plane.

So now his 9000 has 2 mini rx's.......one high and one low in the fuse.

Flight reports tomorrow!
Old 06-02-2007, 12:46 AM
SinCityJets

I am flying a DX-7, and have been for a while. I recently installed it in a QQ 102". 12 flights and not one problem (noticed). I am using the Smart-Fly Super Reg and Smart-Fly Power Distrubutor Sport with dual lipos.
Old 06-02-2007, 08:02 AM
DadsToysBG

Yesterday I switched over a Ziroli Pathner (turbine). I got 300ft range check and 250ft with the turbine running. Put one flight on it. Used the same process as my big gassers with no problems. Dennis
Old 06-02-2007, 09:34 AM
TailTouch
My Feedback: (54)

Anyone flying a "simple" setup of a giant scale.
By simple I mean no regulators or LiIo batteries etc.
I am thinking of putting one in a 30% plane and I want to stick with a single 1950 mah 6V NiMh battery running 5 Hitec digital servos.

Thanks & happy flying.
Old 06-02-2007, 04:05 PM
sweetpea01

Flight report for the 40% WH Extra.

Well we got everything working on the ground and range checked. Then tried failsafe and it went full throttle. Tried to rebind and it still went to full throttle. Finally I found the issue. The EQ10 had the throttle servo reversed with the DX-7 that was in the plane. When I installed the 10X with spektrum I had to reverse the servo and this time I did it with the 10X. So we had a double reverse going on. Found the fix. I put the EQ10 back to normal and reversed the radio again and it all worked fine.

Note: I think what is happening is when you bind with the EQ10 hooked up it looks to that for servo position vs. looking at where the radio has it set. Really a simple a fix once I figured it out.

Next came the flights..........There were 2 or 3 of them by a couple of different folks. They were all flawless. This plane has now never flown on 72mhz!

Also today I witnessed another 40% Comp-ARF extra 260 with a JR10X spektrum module fly for the first time. He only had the 2 RX setup.

And yet another first.....a 35% AW Extra 260 flew today on JR10X spektrum module for the fist time.

All 3 planes flew with no hiccups or problems!!!!! 3 Different radios and 3 different modules.......plus lots of DX-7's flying at the same time. Never a problem.
Old 06-02-2007, 05:08 PM
DadsToysBG

Well I'm sold out. Took everything I had to the jet show at our field today. Six JR modules and eight receivers and had them all sold in the first couple of hours. The jet guys ate them up. Guess now I'll have too wait in line with everybody else on back orders. Glad I kept enough for my self. Dennis
Old 06-02-2007, 07:13 PM
sweetpea01

Talk to Donalds-hobby.com........I just ordered from him and he had the modules and just the RX's in stock for JR
Old 06-02-2007, 07:14 PM
RobT

Thanks Guys!

TailTouch - my setup is a single 9000 receiver with two 5 cell nimh 2700 packs in a beater 35% edge. Six more flights today at a field that is known to have "hits" on some 72 channels. Still solid. I think if you added a second nimh pack it wouold be worth the piece of mind due to the potential of switch / battery / low voltage issues.

JR called last week to tell me my backordered receiver and 2nd satellite is being shipped. I still would love to see more reports before I put that into my 40% - that has 4000 lipoly packs and Smartfly regs.

Keep them coming guys.
Old 06-02-2007, 09:02 PM
cliff600
My Feedback: (3)

I have a 35% SD/ Aviation Models Yak on a DX-7 now. I had the same plane on 72 and something happened and on a landing approach it locked me out and the plane flew right into the ground. I am trying something new. I put one 4000 mah li-ion with a regulator in this plane for the rx and servos. I have a 2000 mah li-ion pack on the ignition. I check my battery voltage before each flight and after 4 flights, on the same day, my pack never read low, we have a new baby so I don't get to fly 7 or 8 flights a day anymore. I have only gotten 7 flights on this plane so far, but it seems to be rock solid. I am sure some people will say I need redundant batteries, but I am not having any problems with this set up, so far. I believe in the K.I.S.S method (keep it simple stupid). This is the first time I HAD to use expo, this transmitter is sooo fast, I can honestly feel a difference with it. This is my 2 cents worth.
Old 06-03-2007, 09:58 AM
Panzlflyer
My Feedback: (15)

Anyone flying a "simple" setup of a giant scale
Yes....works fine for about 15 flights so far in a WH Extra with 4 5985s and 1 5955tg
Old 10-03-2007, 03:39 PM
ddon

I am flying 2 spectrum receivers in my P-38. T bind them I put binding plugs on both receivers, turn them both on and they blink rapidly, then hold the bind button on the transmitter and turn the transmitter on. Both receivers will then bind.

ddon
Old 10-04-2007, 09:37 AM
MikeEast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I see you guys talking about flying a single 6V pack without regulators. Do you know how close you are getting to the receivers 3.7V cutoff under load? That is the main reason I am using 2 lithium packs on regulators with the DX7. I am using 2 lithium packs regulated to 6.2 volts on a smart fly. I know that almost all of the problems have been due to this low voltage cutoff thing. Aren't you concerned about that?

If not, please explain. It might convince me to switch to a single unregulated pack on some planes if I have confidence that I wont do a blender or something and have the reciever shutdown on me.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:19 AM
Josey Wales
My Feedback: (61)

or you can use a a 2s A123 pack and it will never get even close to 3.7--prolly not 4.8 for that matter..plus no stupid regs either
Old 10-04-2007, 11:26 AM
MikeEast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Where are you guys getting the A123 packs?? I am ready to try them.

Mike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.