Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Spectrum with "giant scale"

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Spectrum with "giant scale"

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 07:49 PM
RobT
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spectrum with "giant scale"

Anyone flying any of the spectrum receivers with large scale (50 cc and up) planes?

I would love to hear your experiences . . .
Old 05-14-2007, 08:05 PM
sensei

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Default RE: Spectrum with "large scael"

ORIGINAL: RobT

Anyone flying any of the spectrum receivers with large scale (50 cc and up) planes?

I would love to hear your experiences . . .
Hello Rob,

I am running my Carden 40% 260 with the DX-7, I have 28 flights on it now, and it has been rock solid so far.

Bob
Old 05-14-2007, 08:10 PM
closetguy
My Feedback: (13)

i don't have one yet,but two guy's i fly with both fly jets, they have no problem so far and they both said they can't tell any difference in response time.
ENJOY!
Old 05-14-2007, 08:41 PM
flying skunks
My Feedback: (7)

planes on 2.4 ;
30% Deitrich Extra 260
33% Laser
33% Yak
42% Godfrey Ultimate
all rock solid,no issue's.
Donnie
Old 05-15-2007, 08:22 AM
Ih82crash

I have one on an 30% Edge. The only issue that I had was that it is sooooo much faster than the 72 mhz that I had to get used to it while hovering. It was easy to overcontrol until I got used to it. When they report that it is faster...... it is! The other thing that is hard to get used to is the antenna. After many years of extending the antenna it is hard to get used to it not being extended. There is also a balance issue because of the short antenna that takes a little genning used to. A bonus is that the model select has already saved me some possible trouble.
Old 05-15-2007, 08:54 AM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

Anyone try connecting the ignition to the RX packs?
Since the 2.4ghZ systems are impervious to RF noise, there should not be a reason to keep them separate.
Old 05-15-2007, 10:56 AM
RobT

Default RE: Spectrum with "giant scale"

Are these all with the DX7 ? What type of battery setups do you have?

Anyone flying the AR9000 receiver / module yet?

Thanks again!
Old 05-15-2007, 12:34 PM
flyinrazrback
My Feedback: (69)

I will have my module and receiver for JR 9303 tommorow, and flight test it on Thursday and will report back. I have the DX 7 in a heli as well, no problems.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:42 PM
sensei

ORIGINAL: Geistware

Since the 2.4ghZ systems are impervious to RF noise, there should not be a reason to keep them separate.
This is my setup. two ea. 2600 ma. Fromeco batteries, three each Fromeco regulators and one each Fromeco Wolverine switch. Note that the switch has two power sources in from the batteries and three outputs to the regulators; two reciever's and one ignition. As I stated earlier in this thread; I now have 28 flights and all were as rock solid as it gets.

Bob
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv65681.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	685016  
Old 05-15-2007, 02:36 PM
yarom
My Feedback: (82)

Ditto here - I just need time to transfer settings to the 9303 and try the new module and RX tomorrow.

I have Spektrum gear is both a QQ 86" and a BME 330L.

The DX7 has worked flawlessly in my 50cc birds so far.

For some reason (perhaps unrelated) my power consumption per flight has gone down significantly compared to using a traditional PCM TX (9303) and RX (JR Synth 2000). I charged both LiPos at around 150Mah each after 4 flights of 12 to 14 minutes. I am using 1 Hitec 5955, 1 jr 811 and 4 JR 8411s and the power consumption seems to be about 75Mah per flight, which is absolutely nothing.

ORIGINAL: flyinrazrback

I will have my module and receiver for JR 9303 tommorow, and flight test it on Thursday and will report back. I have the DX 7 in a heli as well, no problems.
Old 05-15-2007, 03:10 PM
sweetpea01
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Been watching and have flown the 41% WH Extra 300 on a DX-7.

He has over 50 flights on it with no problems......he is moving to the module spektrum with a JR10x as soon as it gets delivered from a pre-order
Old 05-15-2007, 10:52 PM
SinCityJets

Sensei,

How are you running two receivers if the DX-7 can only bind with one receiver on any given model? Are you running an "emergency transmitter?"
Old 05-16-2007, 12:42 AM
quist
My Feedback: (198)

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I am going to try this. I will plug the ignition into an open port on my power expander. I will however install a ferite ring on the power extention going to the ignition.

Of course I will do a before and after range check.

ORIGINAL: Geistware

Old 05-16-2007, 07:37 AM
sensei

ORIGINAL: C2_Hobbies

Sensei,

How are you running two receivers if the DX-7 can only bind with one receiver on any given model? Are you running an "emergency transmitter?"
During the setup I just bound each receiver to the transmitter separately.

Bob
Old 05-16-2007, 07:44 AM
Flyjets
My Feedback: (51)

RobT

I don't own the Spectrum but the other day this fellow wanted me to do the maiden Flt on his 104" Aeroworks yak with the DX7.

He also had the Emotec system and batteries in her. The transmitter felt light and it seemed to communicate differently on initial startup. As far as Flying performance It matched the speed and feel of my Futuba 14mz and there was no glitching.

Do I plan to go this direction not for a while.

Ian
Old 05-16-2007, 08:32 AM
ncrego
My Feedback: (40)

I've been flying my DX 7 since they were released in a 35% 100cc X-treme Composites Edge. Not a single issue to report. I'm also running dual receivers, dual regs and dual batteries. My 2 flying buddies are also flying theirs in giant scale, one on a 40% Carden Extra, the other on a 35% Composite Arf Yak. We all love the system.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:46 AM
crhammond
My Feedback: (21)

I was running the DX-7 on 5 different airplanes from 25% to 35% all gassers. I had 100 flights - all but 3 were touble free.

My transmitter died and has gone back to Horizon so I am back on 72MHz now.

Here are my comments:
1. Be sure you use redundant batteries and a power system of some kind as the Rx is sensative to power drops
2. Don't point the antenna at the airplane - same as 72MHz this greatly reduces the signal
3. We have had several (i.e. 5 that I know of) transmitters die at our club. The normal symptom is when they are turned on the screen fades in and out and then the radio simply "dies." None have died in flight but no one feels too comfortable about them any more. The LHS has simply replaced them with new ones for the most part (I sent mine back to find out what was wrong with it.) Just prior to mine dying I had 3 flights with some weird slow response/mushy feeling in the controls. Not a technology issue - this could happen on an radio and any system (72mhz, 5mhz, 50mhz, cheap, expensive, whatever.)
4. Because of the voltage issues with the Rx be careful in electric planes using a BEC. I have seen several small 480 sized park flyer airplanes re-boot the Rx during hard acceleration on up lines.

If you do #1 and #2 above then you should have no problems. The system is fast, feels locked in and solid when everything is working. It is basicaly immune to RF interferance from the ignition and airframe which makes setup a breeze too.
Old 05-16-2007, 12:43 PM
SinCityJets

Bob,

Any time I have tried to bind morethan one receiver, the transmitter has only recognized the last rceiver I bound?? Do you bind one receiver and then bind the other one on the same model?? Help me out here, please.
Old 05-16-2007, 12:51 PM
sensei

Yes, I bound both on the same model, one after the other, I hope this helps you.

Bob

Bob,

Any time I have tried to bind morethan one receiver, the transmitter has only recognized the last rceiver I bound?? Do you bind one receiver and then bind the other one on the same model?? Help me out here, please.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:05 PM
Absolut Yak
My Feedback: (4)

Just got back from Joe Nall flying Spektrum DX7 on my Extreme Flight 50cc Yak and it was great. Spektum is here and here to stay. It was big time in use on all types of planes. No frequency pin issues, just get in line, do a fail-safe demo for the safety guy and go fly. Absolutely the way to go. I have flown Futaba for years and love the radios, but I'm not going back. Spektrum is just that good a technology.

Doug
Old 05-17-2007, 12:58 AM
SinCityJets

Sensei,

Have you actually tried turning off both of the receivers one at a time to see if they both work independantly?

Thanks.
Old 05-17-2007, 07:35 AM
sensei

Yes I have, also my left receiver handles throttle, left aileron, rudder and elevator while the right receiver handles right aileron, rudder and elevator.

Bob

Sensei,

Have you actually tried turning off both of the receivers one at a time to see if they both work independantly?

Thanks.
Old 05-17-2007, 07:54 AM
ncrego
My Feedback: (40)

Bob,

I've never had a problem binding the receivers individually, (one, then the other), but generally I bind them at the same time. Just insert binding plugs into both receivers and turn them both on, and bind like normal. Works perfectly.
Old 05-17-2007, 05:26 PM
SinCityJets

Hmm, I am definitely goingto have to re-look this. I thought the model-matching feature would prevent this from occurring. Also, I wonder how I would set this up with a smart-fly power distributor, would I need two? Right now I am using the super reg with two lipos, to the power distro, to the single receiver.

Any guesses? Or better yet, diagrams!!
Old 05-17-2007, 07:48 PM
RobT

I got the module today. It went into my 10x without any issues at all. I flew two flights with a foamie and the 6100 reciever. I went home and put the 9000 receiver into an "old" 35% edge, but won't be able to fly it saturday due to weather.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.