Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Help with Sig Sukhoi

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 10:13 AM
bdphil
My Feedback: (26)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help with Sig Sukhoi

Anyone have a manual for the Sig Sukhoi ARF? I need to find out what the recommended range is for the CG. Tower's site shows 4.75" from the leading edge, but I'd like to find out if the manual specifies a range around that number. I've flown the model at 4.75" and it was fine, but after my engine swap I'm sitting close to 5" and don't want to move things around if I don't need to.

Thanks for any info!
Ben
Old 06-10-2007, 11:14 AM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts
Default RE: Help with Sig Sukhoi

Ben I have flown my CG all over the place. I have the manual at home and can get it for you later. I don't think it gives a range. I will look though. From what I have found with mine the rearward CG really helps the landings. You can land a lot slower. It will start to get touchy on the elev at higher speeds. I will post the manual suggestions later.

David
Old 06-10-2007, 01:35 PM
bdphil
My Feedback: (26)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the info, David! I figured it was fine to try a little back, but I wanted to either see it in print or hear from someone with experience. I didn't want to risk my new DA50's life for a little CG adjustment! Thanks again!

Ben
Old 06-10-2007, 09:47 PM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

No problem. Let me know how it flies with the DA. I have a ST 3250 on mine. I needs more power!!!!!

David