Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

DX7 Mixing problem - AUX1

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2007, 05:34 AM
dribar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DX7 Mixing problem - AUX1

Greetings,

On my Yak 54, I have a servo for each elevator half, and a servo for each aileron.

On the DX7 I am using mix#5 for the elevators with one plugged into 'elevator' and one plugged into 'aux2'... no problem.

For the ailerons I had one in 'aileron' and one plugged into 'aux1'. Problem is that mix#6 won't let me use 'aux1' as a mix channel for some reason. I don;t want to use the 'flaperon' wing-type because it limits your throws and I'm going for a 3d setup. I moved the second aileron into the 'gear' port but now the gear switch on the trans will pop the left aileron way up -- wrong!

So -- why can't I mix to aux1?

Any ideas?

Dan Ribar
Old 06-24-2007, 08:52 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts
Default RE: DX7 Mixing problem - AUX1

I can't tell you why the mix doesn't want to play with AUX 1, but I can tell you (after finding it on a post Danny made over on the JR support forum) that the way to de-activate the gear switch is to set the gear travel limits to 0% in both directions.

I have a trainer I keep around and was having the same problem as you since the model also has flaps I wanted to use. Flaps only seem to work on AUX 1 which ruled out the use of flaperon in this model. So I had to use the gear channel for the second aileron and it was doing the same thing you have experienced when the gear switch was flipped.

Hope that helps...[8D]
Old 06-27-2007, 08:41 AM
Ih82crash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DX7 Mixing problem - AUX1

I have the DX 7 on two 30% planes and it works great just make sure that the receivers are perpendicular to each other.

Here is the setup procedure

EZto do - and after figuring out the fastest step procedure - I like the DX7 program for two elevator servos
Basically
Bind system - remove binding plug
Disable the Aux 2 switch in startup program (INH) NOTE : TX will not output whilst in this screen!
Go to the next section of adjustments mixes
Combine 3 and 7 in MIX 5 ( 100% + 100%+ screen also says switch ON) no offsets.
Operate servos--watch servos move
one will go opposite other.
go to REVERSING screen-- reverse ch 7 -OR-ch 3 -(I reverse ch 7 ).
NOTE! one servo will re center slightly when reverse is selected. With servo arms properly attached to servos , this final setup will perfectly align the arms if you set the two servos on table , with arms facing each other. tracking is now easily seen.
I tried various servos and arms and set ATV for both 3 and 7 to 150%
the tracking was perfect thru 150% travel ,even with EXPO set at 80% or 0 %
trim tracking also identical
I used the servos included with DX7, plus some 4721, 9411 etc., servos I use and there was NO difference in tracking .
If you get poor tracking - it's the servo-
I also tried JR servo on 3 and Airtronics top torque servo on 7 --they also tracked the same.
NOTE
when all setups are complete -- stop - add binding switch and re bind system - to include any center changes etc.,which my affect "hold"