Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

The ALL NEW Dietrich 75cc Extra 260

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

The ALL NEW Dietrich 75cc Extra 260

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 09:43 PM
Ialwayscrash
My Feedback: (106)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The ALL NEW Dietrich 75cc Extra 260

It was[:@]
Old 03-03-2008, 10:27 PM
smarks

It's still on there:

http://www.dietrichaircraft.com/75cc...ccExtra260.php

Says later part of March for arrival.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:36 AM
Rod Bender

The plane icon on the website did have a drop down for all aircraft. IALWAYSCRASH, try to keep the faith. It appears to me that work has been on the site. Homepage is different...etc Also, the "Airplanes" link\icon is not the only one not working. Matter of fact, the only link\icon that does work is the "Home" one. Now they all just started working, some 10min later....
Old 03-04-2008, 09:40 AM
bodywerks
My Feedback: (4)

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

ORIGINAL: GmanBill

Don't worry, you will have your plane sooner than you would if tou were waiting for some other companies. I shure hope you don't fly Futaba and have had paid for your 2.4gh module that was supposed to be in in September and still is not in.
Futaba doesn't take people's money before they have product available for sale - maybe your LHS does, but not Futaba. You need to come up with something better than that. If there was no money involved here, everyone could just write this off and find a plane that is available now. But that's not the case here - not very professional if you ask me. The least there should be here is some publicly posted info for your deposit money, IMO.

Old 03-04-2008, 09:55 AM
GmanBill
My Feedback: (10)

That is because the web site is being updated and re worked to make it easier, and better for the customer.
Old 03-04-2008, 11:10 AM
crazyjoseph
My Feedback: (3)

They get you to put money down so you don't get tired of waiting and buy something else. Good business strategy I think. Their not the only one to do it that way. Its always baffled me at how many people will reserve a plane they have never even see fly. That being said I'm sure it will be a great plane based on how the others fly. The great thing about RC now is there are plenty of great ARFs out there right know. Lots of options at any size. Hopefully these guys will get their planes in time to build before the season starts, got my first flights of the season last Friday.
Old 03-04-2008, 11:32 AM
GmanBill

I'll let you know where they are as soon as I know. Just put in a call to Kevin, he will get back to me as soon as he can.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:25 PM
GmanBill

OK guys,
I just got off the phone with Kevin, the planes should be here by the end of May. There were last minute changes in things to enhance the plane, like trim tabs, and a new tunnel for your exhaust system also enhancements for the rear carb motors and other things that will make this thing great and easier to build. You guys requested most of these things in e-mails and on the phone, so you got them even though it made it push back the release date.
For me the enhancements outweigh the wait time, I don't mind waiting another month for a product that should more than please everyone including myself. This plane will make a wonderful addition to my stable of Dietrich's which I love now, and there are a few more new airframes in the works which excite me a lot but I can't reveal anything yet because they are not set in stone, but the prototypes are in the works. Hopefully the prototypes will be fewer this time to make a product that is top shelf, but as anyone knows who is a builder and designer it takes time and a lot of changes to make a product that everyone will love, not just a few.
Old 03-04-2008, 03:48 PM
Ialwayscrash

Well, I for one won't hold my breath until it arrives. I will wait for the plane because I have been unable to find an airframe I like better and that will fit the gear I bought for this one, but I am still looking. There is no excuse for the "In the dark" treatment that paying customers are receiving[sm=thumbs_down.gif]
Old 03-04-2008, 06:07 PM
OTT

I got tired of waiting, got my deposit back, and went with a Comp-ARF 2.3M 330L. More money (a lot more money!), but what an airfarme! Comp planes are quite a change from the "traditional" build method, and the fuse is light as a feather. I'm taking my time putting it together, but, like always, the weather will break and then I'll get pushed to get it completed & in the air.

For those willing to wait, it looks like this plane will be a winner. I just couldn't wait.
Old 03-04-2008, 06:15 PM
Rod Bender

I've already have 2 planes awaiting the table, so this one is just on the radar for now, no worries. I just wish they would have come through with the supposed video, that alone would suffice a lot of nerves right about now...
Old 03-05-2008, 11:17 AM
bodywerks

I just got off the phone with Kevin, the planes should be here by the end of May.
May?????
I don't mind waiting another month...
Another month? The origional estimation - the one people paid money for - was the end of February. So it's actually another 3 months. Man, I feel for all you guys...well, not really, because you are missing out on some really great-flying, currently available planes that you could be enjoying RIGHT NOW.
Old 03-05-2008, 11:20 AM
bodywerks

ORIGINAL: Ialwayscrash

Well, I for one won't hold my breath until it arrives. I will wait for the plane because I have been unable to find an airframe I like better and that will fit the gear I bought for this one, but I am still looking. There is no excuse for the "In the dark" treatment that paying customers are receiving[sm=thumbs_down.gif]
Off the bat, The Aeroworks 75cc planes, the new H9 Sukhoi, the SD 33% planes, and I am sure some Wildhare planes are all available now and will accept whatever equipment you bought for this plane.
Old 03-05-2008, 03:47 PM
Ialwayscrash

I am keenly aware of what is out there and no it won't fit what I have (not enough room in the cowl). I have a 40% Wildhare Giles and a Godfrey 30% Ultimate that I am working on now or I too would have canceled my order. AND yes the video would help a little
Old 03-05-2008, 07:56 PM
Lins

I might be looking at cancelling and getting the Aeroworks 75cc once the flying season starts here
Old 03-05-2008, 08:09 PM
crazyjoseph

Doesn't Kevin have a computer
Old 03-06-2008, 12:28 PM
JEFFRO503
My Feedback: (9)

No worries for me about the release date. heck i have to much airplane action goin' on right now anyways. Besides , it'll give me more time to finish up my WH sukhoi , and start getting all my stuff i need for this airframe. May , is a little later than what i wanted , but for me personally , i think it'll be worth the wait.
Old 03-06-2008, 06:29 PM
GmanBill

Thank you Jeff, I am waiting too, and from what I personally have seen and flown you won't be disappointed.
Yes Kevin has a computer, but with all he has going on it takes him a few days to get through even todays e-mails. Also my video camera is down or you guys would have already had a video, the guys in Colorado have not had the weather or time to shoot video with all the prototyping going on right now to bring you guys more depth in the line. I can't tell you what is in the pipeline (if I did someone would have to shoot you because I would be shot first) but if you want something to tumble and be a all out 3D monster, it is in the works. Maybe as soon as my Sony HVR-V1U gets back (been there 6 weeks and they sent me a e-mail saying it would be 3 more) I will see what I can do to appease the masses.
Old 03-06-2008, 10:57 PM
JEFFRO503
My Feedback: (9)

ORIGINAL: GmanBill

Thank you Jeff, I am waiting too, and from what I personally have seen and flown you won't be disappointed.
Yes Kevin has a computer, but with all he has going on it takes him a few days to get through even todays e-mails. Also my video camera is down or you guys would have already had a video, the guys in Colorado have not had the weather or time to shoot video with all the prototyping going on right now to bring you guys more depth in the line. I can't tell you what is in the pipeline (if I did someone would have to shoot you because I would be shot first) but if you want something to tumble and be a all out 3D monster, it is in the works. Maybe as soon as my Sony HVR-V1U gets back (been there 6 weeks and they sent me a e-mail saying it would be 3 more) I will see what I can do to appease the masses.

HAHA!! Your making me extremely curious to what Kevin has in the works! Without giving away what type of airframe it is , what size it is , do you know if they plan on making any kind of an announcement about these new birds they are working on? I know they are obviously big fans of the "extra" style aircraft , could they be possibly spreading their wings out into another type of a model?? hhhmmmmm...................
Old 03-06-2008, 11:28 PM
GmanBill

My mouth is sealed :x
Also if you have an idea that isn't played out (like a yak) shoot him a e-mail for airframes for consideration, and no a big ultimate or pits 12 is not in the works even though I would like another ultimate. There are some pretty neat airframes out there that have not been explored yet, I am a big fan of Sukhois but there are other companies out there making those again, so those are out too. And yes it is an expansion of the line away from the norm.
Old 03-07-2008, 10:12 PM
Ialwayscrash

I wish they would spend less time on pipe dreams and more time delivering the product they are already advertising and taking money for.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:34 AM
OBROCTO
My Feedback: (28)

I was thining of getting one of these and putting a 3W-85xiCS on it at 5.05 pounds and 10HP then I look and see the 3W-106B2CS is 12HP at only 5.9 pounds so an addition of 8.5 ounces to go up 2HP.

NOW MY QUESTION: The site states a 11 1/2" cowl inside diameter. The cactus site states the 106 is 11 1/2" wide SO can someone tell me for sure that a 106 will fit inside the cowl without having the plug boots or the heads hitting the sides of the cowl? I know it's overkill with a 106 and if I use a CF spinner, I'll save a few ounces there so balance shouldn't be a problem.
Old 03-08-2008, 10:32 AM
GmanBill

ORIGINAL: Ialwayscrash

I wish they would spend less time on pipe dreams and more time delivering the product they are already advertising and taking money for.

Well since you are so mad why don't you call and cancel your F-ing order instead of *****ing and whining on here. I hear WH has a sukhoi in stock that will fit your stuff.

Prototyping and development of a product are not a pipe dream, making a last minute change is not one either I could go on and on about companies that have taken longer on me, I have been doing this since the early 80's. Either make a last minute change or maybe release a product that is good and not real good, or like on company send out planes where the wings break out of the plane, or the gear plate breaks on the first greased landing. I have had big name companies release a plane too soon and it be so bad you wish they had made changes but I won't name any names because that is just wrong.
Old 03-08-2008, 10:50 AM
Ialwayscrash

Why is it when someone is in the wrong that they always resort to name calling and swearing. I have kept the disourse factual and civil but you have not. I am saying that if a manufacturer is too busy to produce the products they have already promised then they are too busy to introduce more products. Also not informing your future clients of manufacturing difficulties and delays is bad business. If Dietrich had informed their customers of the delays and changes that would have been a big step toward maintaining consumer confidence. Also letting someone else make those announcements does nothing to instill trust in the info and in fact just allows them to claim deniability. Dietrich needs to step up and at least update their website to reflect the new information.
Alan Clark
Old 03-08-2008, 11:40 AM
crazyjoseph

You have a very good point we have all seen several planes come out in the last couple of years with problems. You wouldn't want to receive the plane 2 months ago and then your here posting how your wing failed. I have read that post to many times over the last couple of years. Lets say your planes are almost ready to ship when they discover a problem with the prototype should they just ignore it and ship anyway. I think any good company should always be working on new projects. Its not like he should be over in china boxing up planes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.