Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Pacificplanes 35%extra 260 anyone have???

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Pacificplanes 35%extra 260 anyone have???

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 12:07 PM
GAS4ever

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pacificplanes 35%extra 260 anyone have???

Hello Folks!!!!

CAn some one help me????

I have an extra 260 35% richmodel, is identical as yours pacific planes. I have lost the stab carbon tube (amazing) Im looking for a new one but i cant find. I saw the troy built models page and there are many tubes, but i dont know the exactly measurements of it.

Im from Chile, but i can shop by mail

I really apreciate the help

GOOD FLIGHTS!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-03-2008, 06:37 PM
yarom
My Feedback: (82)

Update on this plane, now discontinued, unless you buy from Rich Models -

The gear box is definitely deficient - it start with the fuse sides buckling sideways, pushing the covering, and it ends with the whole gear support going bad. When this guy stole the design from Aeroworks, it seem like he omitted some major functional parts - not to mention that Rich Models put them together with thinner, low quality ply.

After a rather poor landing, I had to open up the entire gear area and fuse sides. I rebuilt a 1/4" ply box that supports the gear and transfers some of the impact to the top plate and inner fuse side (connected to the motor box).

Original gear is beginning to show stress signs and delamination at the bend, right next to the fuse. Temporarily, will have to put some kevlar thread and glue it. Longer term, will likely have to get the nicer Graphtec gear...

Other than that, this is one of the finest planes there are. Anybody that takes the sticks on mine comments on how well it tracks and how good it is for both IMAC and 3D. With the CG a bit aft and a CF 28x10 prop, it slows nicely on down lines and landings...

ORIGINAL: Richard D Bahmann aka/Wrongway

Nice looking! You will do good with that cooling. That pipe will get hot, mine does.

I have been having problems with the strength of the gear box on mine. This Sunday I had three perfect landings and the third shows a wrinkle above the gear on the fuse side. My buddy thinks it is flight loads transforming into the area just before the leading edge of the wing along the fuse side.

Anybody do any strengthing in this area with success wanna share your techniqe? I know the manufacturer rep commented in another thread to beef up with tri stock but never got a picture or much detail on it.
Old 11-03-2008, 07:05 PM
Henna Ojisan

I'll agree with the gearplate area - I had a less than stellar landing and had the same area fail. Had to tear the whole underside apart to repair but now it's much stronger than before... I believe others mentioned this fact before but I rolled the dice.

I'll agree the plane is a great flier - though it is a bit short coupled and feels like a longer tail moment would help clean up the snaps. I have 50cc Extra that tracks better for IMAC style flying with very clean snaps but cannot 3D like this plane. This plane is a blast to huck around!!
Old 11-05-2008, 10:01 AM
frieshoo
My Feedback: (20)

Before assembling the Extra, I used some G10 epoxy board and built a box around my gear plate. It was very simple to do. I got the idea from the pics posted by Richard.

Seems pretty strong, and has survived a few harrier landings. I'm glad I reinforced mine.
Old 11-27-2008, 10:07 AM
clankford

I just received the Richmodels Extra 260 100cc a couple of days ago. I got an awesome price on it from AK-Models. They have them for $456 + shipping. I paid $108 shipping to Virginia. Can't wait to get this baby in the air! Here is the link http://ak-models.com/mm5/merchant.mv...y_Code=PRESALE

I also have the Richmodels 50cc yak 54 which flies great.
Old 10-08-2009, 04:55 PM
sax2ter

I have one of these planes on my building table. Any chance someone out there can send me a link to where the pics of the landing gear box modification is? I have a pretty good idea of how I would go about modifying the gear mounting locale, if left to my own devices; but I would rather see some time proven methods employed by other modelers, before I get out the epoxy and ply, and make things permanent.

Thanks guys!

JH